Chapter 15: The Gang

Y/N was looking forward to meeting everyone, she wanted to help them stop Henry.

She followed Nancy outside but didn't see anyone there but saw a car.

"We'll have to drive there. Sorry, I'm not able to tell you about the details right now but are you able to trust me?" Nancy said.

"Yes, I trust you," Y/N says.

"Really? You just met me." Nancy says in shock.

"I've read about you on the news before, you being a hero."

"Aw, wow," Nancy says before she gets her car keys out and unlocks the door.

Both Y/N and Nancy hop in before the key is in the ignition and is started.

Their seatbelts are on before they are off.

The drive is quiet.

Y/N wonders where they are going but isn't scared.

After some time, they arrive at a cabin.

Y/N was at first unsure why everyone is staying at a cabin but then she thought that maybe they were trying to hide from Henry.

Nancy gets out of the car and Y/N follows suit.

Y/N follows Nancy into the cabin.

Once inside, Y/N sees Max, a couple of kids and teens, and wait.. the Munson kid!

Everyone almost gasps, especially Eddie who's trying to cover his face and find a place to hide.

A teenage boy who has chestnut-hued, golden-highlighted follicle soufflé whispers to Nancy. "Who is she and what is she doing here?"

Nancy turns to him, "Steve this is Y/N, she's here to help us."

He doesn't say anything but he does smile with a nod.

Nancy continues, "You already know Max right? Anyway, this is Lucas, Dustin, you just met Steve, Robin, and Eddie."

"Hi," Y/N says before turning towards Eddie. "Hey Eddie, you don't have to be afraid. I'm not going to report you to the police, I know you didn't k!ll those teens. I know who is really responsible. My awful ex."

Everyone gives her shocked looks.

"Wait? You dated that hideous monster?" Max asks a little disgusted since she saw him. The only one besides Y/N who has seen him.

"It was several years before. He was an attractive man when I met him. However, I did find out that we were childhood friends but my memory was wiped, and I didn't remember him."

"How did that happen? Did he do that to you?" Max asks.

"No, I don't believe so. It was someone I called Papa. He was a bad man who f0rced me to stay in a lab and gave me powers."

"Wait a minute.. no way!" Dustin says.

"Were you with Eleven? You know her right?" Lucas asks.

"Yes. You know her too?" Y/N asked surprised but then she remembered Henry told her that Eleven was the one who was stopping him.

They all nod except Eddie.

"We gotta stop this bastard. I'm not going to let him hurt and take Max. You said you wanted to help us. We need the help since Eleven is California." Lucas tells Y/N.

"Of course, I want to help. If you don't mind me asking, why is Eleven staying in California? Is it cause she's on spring vacation and wanted to go there?" Y/N says.

"It's a long story. Her adoptive father passed away last year.." Steve says.

"Oh yeah, I remember reading about it. It was sad."

"Yeah, it is."

"Yeah, Hop was a cool guy! And a hero." Robin says.

Y/N nodded before speaking, "I don't want to keep pressing on the matter but did he die from the mall fire or was it something else?"

"It was from something else but not from the Mind Flayer, that killed my brother Billy along with many others," Max says before speaking again, opening up to everyone on how she was feeling. "Yeah, he might have been a d!ck but he sacrificed himself to save us, me. In a way, I feel guilty.." Max admits.

"I thought something might have been up but I didn't know you were feeling like this," Lucas says to Max.

"I'm sorry I didn't open up earlier," Max says to Lucas.

"Hey, it's not your fault. None of this is." Lucas says.

"If it's anyone's fault, then it's mine," Y/N says.

Everyone gave her a confused look so she continued. "I'll elaborate, I had a chance to join Henry-"

"You mean Vecna?" Lucas asks her.

"Yeah, Vecna - 001 - Henry, all the same person, he asked me to join him before he killed everyone. If I went with him, maybe everyone at the lab would still be alive, all these things that happened at Hawkins might have not happened.." Y/N was feeling very guilty and her head was starting to feel funny.

She could hardly hear the others saying it wasn't her fault before everything turned black.

________________________________

Published: Wednesday June 28, 2023
Edited: July 15, 2023

_______________________________