chapter 6

Four months into the marriage, Natsu and Lucy have yet to share three words with each other. He goes to work when she's still sleeping in her bedroom and comes home when she is long asleep. On the rare events they do bump into each other like on the weekends or if Natsu comes home from the gym early nothing is uttered between the two. Lucy freezes in her position not moving till Natsu has mumbled a few swearing under his breath and stormed off.

Lucy not being able to understand his indifference and having no one to talk to except Anya becomes extremely depressed and lost in thought. It hurts when Natsu isn't able to stand her for more than a second and is clueless how to change her situation. Neither can she go back home to her parents nor does she see Natsu changing any time soon.

Sitting on the bay window in the library watching the rain drops fall, her phone and a pile of books lay beside her. Nothing seems to be able to distract her at this point. Lucy looks down her phone thinking that she can't take this anymore she has to tell someone. Grabbing her phone she begins dialling Ashley's number after a few rings she picks up. "Wait a sec Baba it's lucy" Lucy hears her sister say over the phone.

"Hello" Lucy says weakly

"Oh hi Tin... Lucy. How's everything going?"

"I'm fine how's the baby doing?"

"It's fine and driving me absolutely insane moves around constantly can't get any sleep or rest during the day" Ashley whines

"BE THANKFUL WOMAN. IN MY DAY CHILDREN WOULD DIE IN THEIR MOTHERS WOMBS EVERY OTHER DAY" Baba yelled Lucy could hear her mumble something in Japan about not being thankful and displeasing the lord.

"So your at papa's?" Lucy asked

"Yeah I came over for a while. Jayden won't let me lift a finger and I was bored out of my mind so I came here for the day.

Why don't you come too?" Lucy thought of it for a second before thinking better of it. She couldn't properly talk to Ashley there.

"No I'll come by another day I have to go the mall buy a few things for the house" she lied

"Then make sure to change up that living room those white sofas are hideous" Ashley suggested

"It's a working process most of the things Natsu had picked out himself"

"Well then don't let the man decorate any part of the house again he's got awful taste"

"Not a second goes by and these girls start complaining of their husbands. In ancient times husbands would beat their wives and when his hands got tired they'd offer him a stick." Baba yelled

"God grandma that's awful" Ashley said

"You girls nowadays want your husbands to be laying down on the ground so your feet don't get dirty. Be thankful" her Baba retorted

"Umm Ashley I have to go"

"Yeah I'll talk to you later Baba has yet to take her crazy medication" Ashley whispered lowly

Theora said goodbye and could hear her grandma asking Carmen what she said before hanging up. Lucy realises then that she could never gather the courage to tell her family. The disappointment would crushthem. Lucy thought it best to keep her mind busy in other things and maybe someday Natsu would change. Getting up from the bay window she went towards the kitchen where Anya was cooking.

"Anya is Oliver's here or has he gone with Natsu?"

"He's here outside cleaning the cars" Anya said looking up from the pot she was stirring "Are you planning on going out somewhere?"