Chapter 28

Natsu led Lucy upstairs, unaware of the turmoil happening inside her mind. Natsu held onto her hand tightly as they reached their room, causing Lucy to feel a surge of panic.

"Today was quite a day, huh?" Natsu sighed, looking over at Lucy. "Lucy, what's wrong? You seem unwell all of a sudden." He placed the back of his hand on her forehead and neck. "You don't seem to have a fever."

"Um, no, I think I'm just tired," Lucy replied weakly.

"Are you sure? You suddenly look really pale."

"I'm fine." Lucy backed away from him and hurried into the closet to grab her pajamas. Natsu seemed confused by her sudden behavior but decided to shrug it off. He didn't bother changing into sleep clothes since he was already wearing sweatpants, but he did want to change into another shirt. He quickly removed his shirt and waited for Lucy to exit the closet so he could go in and get another one. Feeling tired, he laid down on the edge of the bed with his arms outstretched. Lucy shrieked upon seeing Natsu spread out on the bed, causing him to jolt up in surprise.

"Lucy, what happened?" he asked, thinking she had seen a spider or something.

"Natsu, I'm not ready for this!"

"Ready for what?"

"This! Us doing..." Lucy pointed between them before backing away even more. It dawned on him what she meant, and he facepalmed himself.

"I was just waiting for you to finish getting dressed so I could grab a shirt for myself," Natsu explained.

"So you weren't expecting us to..."

"No, Lucy," Natsu shook his head. "Unless you want to," he teased.

"Unless you want me to sleep on the couch," Lucy said angrily, going over to her side of the bed. But Natsu grabbed her by the elbow.

"Hey, look at me," he said, placing a hand on her cheek. "I don't want you acting all jittery around me, thinking I'm going to pounce on you any second. I want this, God knows I do, but not when you're not ready for it."

"I'm sorry, Natsu," Lucy apologized, placing her head on his shoulder. "I don't know why I panicked."

"It's fine. I'm just glad we cleared everything up," Natsu said, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Natsu," Lucy muttered into his shoulder, hugging him tightly.

"Uh-hmm?"

"If you snore again in the morning, I'm going to smother you with my pillow."

"Admit it, you like it when my snoring wakes you up," he accused, nuzzling his nose into the crook of her neck.

"I don't," Lucy giggled, feeling ticklish from his actions.

"Explain why you have a video of me snoring on your phone, then."

"That was to prove that you snore when you denied it!"

"Nope, you love it. It's therapeutic to you."

"Go get yourself a shirt. I think jet lag has gotten to your head."

"See, even you can't deny it," he said, backing away and going into the walk-in closet.

Lucy made herself comfortable in bed, pulling the comforter on top of her. In the short time it took for Natsu to change his shirt and come back out, Lucy had fallen into a deep sleep, slumbering away. It wasn't long before Natsu also fell asleep, plopping himself onto the bed.

Lucy was the first one to wake up in the morning while Natsu slept peacefully, snoring away. She hated to admit it, but Lucy had kind of gotten used to his snoring by now. After taking a quick shower and getting dressed, Lucy ran downstairs as the smell of pancakes and coffee hit her.