Found in the Forest

Y/N's POV:

I was running. At first, it was a wild and free run, but now it was serious. While spending time in the forest near my neighborhood to decompress, I had felt like I was being watched. Hearing laughter from nearby had let me know I was right.

Now, a knife was whizzing by my head, getting lodged in a nearby tree. My lungs were on fire, but I'd rather that than be dead. I heard someone calling something from behind me.

"She's getting away!"

I felt something under my foot, twisting it. I called out in surprise and pain as I fell. I scrambled to get up, but my ankle said otherwise.

Suddenly, a hand looped around to my face, and I felt something soft being pressed against my skin. Smelling chemicals, I tried to squirm free, but I was being held there, forced to breathe in the chemicals. I tried to glare defiantly, although no one could see it, and hissed as my vision went blurry... And then it was dark.

★♪🔪♪★

I woke up to the sound of arguing. I was lying on something cold and hard, and I still felt groggy. Despite that, I opened my eyes to try to see where I was.

To my surprise - and horror - there were three boys standing before me. One looked to be about seventeen, despite definitely being shorter than average. He was wearing a green tunic, a green hat and appeared to have elf ears. I noticed that his eyes were completely black, other than his scarlet irises, and it appeared as though blood was trickling from his eyes.

The elf boy seemed to be arguing with the second boy, who was wearing a white hoodie. His hair was pitch black and looked slicked back and messy, while his face was white and leathery. I noticed that he seemed not to have eyelids, and there were scars on his face that made it look like he was wearing a permanent smile.

I shivered a little, creeped out. I looked at the third boy. He seemed to be about twenty, though it was hard to tell, what with the mask he was wearing. It was blue, and black streaks on it appeared to be coming from the eyes. The boy was wearing a dark gray hoodie and seemed unamused with the younger boys' antics.

"We can't kill her! Not until we figure out what she was doing here in the forest, anyways," the elf was saying, annoyed.

"What? No way! You just think she's pretty, don't you?" growled the scarred boy.

The elf blushed. "No! Well, a little, but come on. We don't normally get the chance to see people when they aren't either going nuts or screaming their heads off," he defended, motioning towards me.

I felt a wave of terror shoot through me and pretended I never woke up. I lied there, unmoving, when a new voice said something.

"We know you're awake. I saw you looking around."

The masked boy. Of course. I held my breath, hoping he was bluffing, but I heard footsteps coming closer.

"Come on, now. We aren't going to hurt you."

I heard the hooded guy say, "Totally," in a very sarcastic tone, only to be shushed by the elf.

I cautiously opened one eye to see the masked boy standing right next to me. Letting out a small squeak, I moved away quickly, ending up on the floor, as what I had been laying on had only been big enough for me to lie on it without squirming.