Chapter 15- Kisses in New Places

After a well deserved, delicious breakfast, Jimin and Minjeong went upstairs to Jimin's room. Their parents were home that day and while Minjeong knew that her own dad would not even notice it if they kissed right next to him once he was in his mental 'working-zone', she was not so sure about either of Jimin's parents.

For the first few hours after returning, nobody needed to worry though: Jimin and Minjeong were so tired from the night before and getting up early that they fell asleep right on the bed. Minjeong was using Jimin's legs as a pillow for her head while Jimin was lying on her stomach, her head buried under her pillow to keep the light out. Peaceful silence filled the room as they made up for the very short night.

Afterwards, they both felt very much refreshed and spent the day talking and scrolling through their phones.

"Hey," Jimin said and moved her leg gently — neither of them had moved in the last hours, except that now, Jimin was propped up on her elbows and her head was above the pillow.

"Hm?"

"Do you want to come with me to the restaurant tonight? It'll be fun, I promise."

Minjeong thought about it. She was not at all opposed to helping out at the restaurant and it would also give her a chance to spend even more time with Jimin. Of course, they would not be able to kiss at the restaurant or behave in any way that would suggest they were more than friends. But it would definitely give Minjeong the chance to see the 'working'-side of Jimin.             

 Only...

"Do you think Ningning and her parents will be okay with that?"

"I think so," Jimin nodded, "if you'd like, I can ask them beforehand but they generally don't mind. Extra help is always appreciated."

"Extra help?" Minjeong echoed, "I thought I was just going to sit around and let you do all the work."

Jimin laughed and moved her legs a little as a 'punishment' for Minjeong's remark.

"As long as you don't try to order something from me," she turned to Minjeong, "but seriously, I think they're really going to appreciate the extra help. That would give Ningning's mom the opportunity to finally teach her more about cooking and not only about waiting tables. Because the restaurant is so busy, they need her as a server most of the time and don't have time for teaching her to cook."

"I'm sure she's still a better cook than you and me," Minjeong assumed with a smile.

"Oh, you bet she is!" Jimin nodded, "Her cooking skills are amazing! I think if she were to decide not to study medicine, she'd be an awesome chef."

"Speaking of that: what would you like to do once you're out of here?"

"I don't really know," Jimin shrugged, "you've once asked me if I wanted to do Work and Travel-..."

"I did?"

"Yeah; and that is definitely an option for me. I just want to see the world a bit and then I'm going to decide what to do with the rest of my life. Maybe I'm going to try with photography. And you?"

"Once I'm back, I'm going to go to college and study English Literature and they we'll see where life leads me."

"Oh, did you already decide on a college?"

Minjeong shook her head.

"I've applied to tons," she explained, "but the answers aren't there yet. My dream would be Yonsei, but if I don't get accepted into that one, I'll just choose one nearby that I like."

"Do you want to stay there for your whole life?" Jimin asked a little timidly, "In Seoul, I mean. I... I don't think I could do that. I love to travel."