Part 26

Later that night finds Tommy taking the sweatshirt off, pulling it over his head and carefully folding it. He treasures everything they let him borrow, as someone who hardly ever gets things- especially things like this. Warmth directly from them, it means more than a lot.

He places it down on top of his bag, but when he turns away, he sees a folded piece of paper on the floor. He frowns, then reaches down to pick it up. It must have come from inside the pocket of the sweatshirt, because it isn't Tommy's.

He debates himself internally for a moment before he unfolds it, unable to help himself.

He looks at it for a long minute before he finally processes what he's seeing.

It's a T-graph, with the left side reading just a kid and the right side reading stuck up asshole. Under the just a kid side are three signatures- George, Quackity, and Wilbur- and on the stuck up asshole side are Sapnap and...Schlatt.

It's a bet. It's a bet on him. Whether he's just a kid or a stuck up asshole. They signed it and made it before they knew him, and-

Oh.

That means that Wilbur finding him crying in the dance studio and then deciding to learn to figure skate- it was all a ploy. It was all a trick to get to know Tommy better. Without this, Tommy would have gone these weeks alone and as cold as ever- with no one ever noticing him. He thought someone was finally starting to care about him, that he could possibly belong somewhere, but none of it was real.

Everything , Tommy thinks, holding back stinging tears, was a lie.

Numbly, he folds up the letter and then lays it on top of the sweater, and attempts to get himself ready for bed.