ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯

Alright, alright this chapter has a major abuse warning towards the end when it switches POV's, you know why. Little gore warning when describing Julie's injuries but it shouldn't be too bad. Anyhow, lil bits of fluff in here to soothe your pain <33
Enjoy.

           I groaned as my head pounded me awake. When had I gone to sleep? I felt as if I were coming down with something, some kind of cold. It worried me. I yawned and quickly realized I wasn't tied down to a chair anymore. My eyes flew open as I looked down and saw only one hand had been handcuffed to- I looked over to the side, my mouth falling open as I did so. I was handcuffed to who I thought was Julie, but it was so hard to tell when..

When her face was so disfigured.

Julie and I's wrists shared one cuff on the floor, our other hand and feet loose. Normally, I would've called Asmodeus stupid for putting us like this, but he had to know we didn't have much strength. Everything felt sore, tired, worn out. I bit back a grimace as Julie stirred awake, her cheek skin looking almost like a burst potato if it was red on the inside. I couldn't tell where half of her mouth was.

I groaned and leaned my head back against the ragged brick wall, glancing down at my legs and curling them in. I felt safer this way. I felt bile come up in my throat when I caught a glimpse of Julie's.. leg. Her left leg was missing, seemingly blended whilst her right leg was a bit fucked towards the knee. It looked almost popped out of place like a zizag line. It was definitely broken, that's for sure.

"What.. where?" Julie mumbled, her eyes squinting open.

"Julie, it's me. Everything's going to be okay." I responded, gripping her hand with mine.

"Listen, we're stuck in some kinda basement thing. Don't freak out, I'm here. We're here together. I won't let anything happen to you anymore." I teared up as I held onto her hand tighter, smiling softly as I felt her squeeze back.

"I'm sorry."

"For.. what?" Julie snorted, her words slurring as she lost control of half her mouth.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this." Hot tears streamed down my cheeks as the full extent of everything crashed into me all at once. I was the reason all of them were here.

"Don't be.. sorry, silly. I'd do.. anything to keep you safe." She smiled, I scooted closer.

"As long as you're safe.. I couldn't be.. happier." She leaned her head on mine, her loose blonde hair serving as a soft cushion as I leaned into her.

"Is he.. okay?" She whispered, directing her attention to where Wally laid on the rolling contraption.

"Yeah. Yeah, for now. I just want to forget everything right now."

"Haha, yeah.. we could just.. rest?"

"That sounds nice. I think we both need a few more hours." I smiled, feeling safe with her.

As I started drifting off to sleep, I swore I heard her whisper 'I love you' under her breathe. I didn't have time to question or think about it, I just knew I felt safe with her. I felt okay for the first time since I got here.

That was more than I could've asked for. 

———