Chapter 7: Things Go Wrong As Always

Ivy POV:

And then Lucy screamed. I felt the pressure as well, but not enough to collapse from it. I'm pretty sure she was bleeding from her ears now. I ran to her side quickly and attempted to help her up, but she just fell further onto the floor, curling up into a fetal position. She was so cocky earlier as well.

I turned my attention to the ghost in front of me. Well at least I thought it was in front, but now the presence seemed to be shifting around the room, morphing into the walls and dusty doors. I heard the scrape of metal as I unsheathed my sword, completely subconsciously, and held it in front of me in a defensive stance. I focused hard, trying to pinpoint it. I heard laughing and crying and screaming. Behind me. I lashed out but my blade was met with air. On the ceiling. Not fast enough. My head was spinning, but I kept it together. It's going to move to my left next. Grabbing at my belt, my fingers closed around a flare, which I proceeded to lob to my left. The area fizzed and crackled green, a telltale sign that I had at least hit something.

I have had heightened senses since birth. I am able to predict moves or see things that others don't. No one could ever win a game of hide and seek or tag against me. I wasn't very well-liked because of it either. Back in my home town, I was a freak. There was a kid in my old class, Joseph I think his name was, who would always throw things at me to see if I would catch it. Pens, rubbers, table knives, pebbles, bricks. It likely would end with a trip to the Headmaster's office, and then a trip to the nurse for my bleeding head. Despite my injuries, no one ever did anything. Occasionally, I would see teachers look the other way when I was shoved in the playground, or congratulate other kids for my achievements. I got used to it after a while.

I snapped back to reality when I felt Lucy tugging frantically on my shirt. She was sitting up now, but shaking dreadfully. "We need to go, there's no way this is a simple Type 1, we need to call George!" She sounded frantic, so I dragged her to her feet and we both began stumbling along the hallway.

Lucy POV:

"GEORGE! GEORGE! OH FOR GODS SAKE! KIPPS!?" I was screaming my lungs out but no one seemed to hear me. We were both sprinting now, but we seemed not to be getting anywhere. Still, we ran, unsure of what else to do. I hadn't brought enough equipment for this. I had only three flares left and five salt bombs. And my rapier, but a fat lot of good that was going to do us. Ivy had that look of stoicism on her face again, and I wasn't understanding how she could be so calm right now. I was having a full-blown panic attack right now. Then it hit me and I stopped.  The circle. We'd left the circle. I facepalmed mentally. We would have had a better chance in there. I had just doomed us.

"What are you doing keep moving!" Ivy called at me. "Do you have any chains? Filings? No?". My breathing hastened and I struggled to think. And then we saw the stairs. "Towards them! Go!" We sped up. But obviously, we were never going to make it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Sorry its short, thanks so much for reading I really appreciate it!