Chapter 11: Oh No

Lucy Pov:

My mouth was slightly agape as I let the skull's words sink in.  Now we were seriously in trouble. I looked behind me at Ivy who was looking at me panicked and expectant, and George who was beginning to catch on. "Luce, what's going on?" He asked cautiously. I saw the recognition flicker across his face when he felt the psychic pressure hammering against his own skull.

"I-Its some kind of ghosty, foggy.....thing?" In my defence, I was trying my hardest to explain, but Skull was releasing a string of rather impressive insults directed at George, and they were all I could really focus on. Oh, and the malevolent evil spirit that was currently coming to kill us. That too.

George raised an eyebrow at me and I shrugged, reaching over to the Skull's jar to flip the lever. "DON'T YOU DARE SHUT ME OUT LUCY!" Its screeching startled me and I jumped back slightly. "I can help you escape, I will be an honest Skull!" My eyes narrowed. "What's in it for you?" I asked suspiciously.

"Oh, nothing, just the pleasure of your friendship, and the splendid feeling of aiding you helpless, pathetic morons."

"You aren't really helping your case you know."

"Right, start by sending Cubbins out the door to the spirit as a distraction, but make him very noticeable. Smash his glasses and make him wave his hands above his head while dancing. That ought to distract the spirit enough to make your escape."

"That's just a plan to kill George." At this point, George whipped his head around to me and began eyeing the skull with murderous intent written on his face. I looked at him apologetically.

"Do you want my help or not Lucy?"

"Not if it involves pointlessly killing my friend" I quipped back.

"Killing your friend, yes. Pointlessly.....not at all." He pretended to ponder, which was really beginning to annoy me.

"Right, well the skull is being no bloody help at all," I said grumpily to George and Kipps.

"Hey!"

I stood up determinedly. "Kipps, you carry Ivy, George, how many flares do you have?"

He looked at his belt and then back at me. "None."

"Crap"

"Fine we'll just do this without flares, George I am going to need your help to draw the ghosts, attention away from Kipps and Ivy whilst they escape and find a hospital. Can you do that Kipps, George?" I looked at them both expectantly, already knowing the answer.

"This is suicide Luce" I watched as George got off of the ground and came to stand next to me.

"When have any of our plans not been?" I replied sarcastically. Kipps gently lifted Ivy off the ground, carefully trying to not jog her leg which was now swelling and a chilling shade of cobalt. It honestly wasn't much of a plan, which was disappointing, to say the least. If Lockwood were here, he would know what to do. I thought. The fact that he wasn't, was killing me. I was about to risk everyone's lives, and the only thing I had thought through was what I was going to say to the Skull when this was all over. "Luce, we can do this if you just give me some details."George pulled me back to reality. He had a stern look on his face, and I could tell that he wasn't impressed with my idea. Even if he wasn't going to say it, I knew. I looked down slightly, ashamed, I really need to work on my planning skills. "Right" I mumbled "Well, I would think it's a Type two, it was quite powerful. Look out for the tendrils and move swiftly."