♔ ♔ ♔ the fandom

❝ THE BASICS ❞

THE BASICS

FANDOM NAME: royals and/or royalty

MEANING BEHIND THE NAME:

as self-proclaimed royalty, originally daewon felt like it would only make sense for him to call his fans something that referenced that while also being as inclusive to everyone as possible. but, as time went on, the name also grew to reference the way he wanted his fans to feel whenever they interacted with each other. he mainly just wants to make sure anyone who takes the time to support him feels important, respected, and appreciated; which he thinks the name accomplishes.

AGE RANGE: mid to late teens and late twenties

EXPLANATION: on top of his continued message of being true to yourself and what's right no matter what's going on, along with never being afraid to speak out against the things he disagrees with, he's always attracted a more mature group of fans. but, it's his willingness and openness when it comes to being sexual and his penchant for unashamedly flirting with people that helps attract older fans.

FAN'S GENDER BREAKDOWN: 42% female. 30% male. 28% other.

EXPLANATION: as an openly trans male, and a very vocal supporter of the lgbtq+ community, daewon has always attracted people who don't fit into the gender binaries in the typical way, or who don't fill in any binary at all. and that's always been something he's been extremely proud of. but, he also has many cis fans for various reasons; from his undeniable handsomeness to his very free-spirited and unapologetic nature.  he's sure that if people took the time to look, everyone could find something about him to like.

LOCATION: 59% international. 41% native.

EXPLANATION: who he is and the kind of music he makes is, in a way designed to piss people off or make them uncomfortable, and he is very successful in completing that goal. it just so happens that those controversies happen more often in south korea than it does in the us (among many other countries). and that combined with the movies he's done in the us and his friendships with other western artists, has made his rise internationally a lot easier than it was in south korea. though his fanbase in south korea has been steadily growing as time goes on.

 though his fanbase in south korea has been steadily growing as time goes on

ABOUT THE FANDOM

FANDOM COLORS: northern light grey (#A7AEB4). crisp cyan (#22FFFF). hollywood cerise (#F400A0).

LIGHTSTICK DESIGN: his lightstick was released in june of 2021

LIGHTSTICK DESIGN: his lightstick was released in june of 2021. it was never given an official name, but daewon has referred to it as 'the coolest light-up stick thing' that someone could own at any time. the outer shell is a simple clear sphere and the inside is comprised of a lightning bolt.

MEANING: a lot of people expected him to come out with some sort of crown design because of his constant references to royalty and being a prince, but he explained that he didn't want to go with something typical that everything would expect. because he always aims to surprise and keep people on their toes.

when asked about the meaning behind it in an interview he stated: "i wanted to create something really cool and dynamic for people to bring with them to shows, and even though it took a while to get there i'm really excited with the design we eventually landed on, because i think it encompasses who i am and who all the royals out there are perfectly. mainly the fact that we are, as a whole, an unstoppable force that can change our surroundings with a single decisive strike because we're powerful as fuck. and i don't think the crown that people were expecting me to come out with would represent that half as well as the lightning bolt does. so, i hope everyone is as excited to get it as i am for you to have it."

KNOWN FOR:

♚ royalty are an extremely bold group of people. just like daewon, they are unafraid to speak their minds when it comes to literally anything, especially involving daewon. even though he insists that he's this tough guy who can handle anything thrown at him, they've also seen him in his more vulnerable moments which have made them very defensive of him. they are the first to speak up when he's attacked or accused of something and rarely stop to think through what they put out there which has gotten them accused of being overly harsh or rude at times.

but, when it comes to new people joining the fandom or doing things to help support and uplift daewon, they are amazing. they have an extremely supportive relationship and do as much as they can to be there for each other in whatever way they can as artist and fans, with a healthy level of separation and mutual understanding of boundaries attached to that.

♚ they are incredibly chaotic, just like daewon is. their posts are all over the place and encompass literally every side that someone could get to know about him. so, it's easy to get an overview of what kind of person he is or what being a fan of his encompasses just by scrolling through the hashtag of his name for five minutes.

♚ royals keep daewon's streaming numbers extremely high and are quick to hop on any other type of content he releases. daewon tries his best to try and put out as much content as possible for them because of how all over the place he can be and royalty are not shy about consuming all that they get as quickly as possible. but, they really show up for any live performance that he puts on, which daewon stated multiple times was all that really matters to him.

♚ daewon does a lot of stuff to raise money for charity, and royalty has always been there to help him reach whatever goal he set for those things. together they've raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for various charities. and royalty have raised thousands on their own also. which is what daewon is always the proudest of them for.