2

A smile was still plastered on my lips as I traveled my way to the campus. I really didn't expect that he would send his letters once again. I thought he already forgot me. Hindi pa pala.

Memories entered my mind once again as I remembered how the two of us exchanged letters. Years ago, a pen pal project happened on our school. Students from our school were chosen randomly and were partnered with another student abroad. Teachers told us that the project was built to establish a connection and friendship with students from different countries. Akala ko isang malaking biro lang ang sinasabi nila, not until I was chosen as one of the school's representatives for that project. Because of that, I met him. Vin. That, well, guy who made me wrote letters like the same way he did.

"Khaydy-boy!"

A loud voice interrupted my thoughts, making me turn around to see who it was. Hindi na ako nagulat nang makita si Aris hawak ang paborito niyang gitara. His aura made almost everyone turned to his direction, and of course, he's loving it.

"Ginamit mo pa talaga ako para mapansin ka ng lahat ng tao 'ah," I commented as he reached my direction. Aris just chuckled after hearing what I said. Guilty.

"Hindi ko na kailangan sumigaw para mapansin ng ibang tao," he said before he brushed his hair up. "Hindi pa ba sapat na gwapo ako?" I shrugged my shoulders before I continued walking and left Aris with his daydreaming. Siguradong hindi na naman matatahimik ang kaluluwa ko kapag sinamahan ko pa ang lalaking 'to.

Aris' one of my childhood friends. The two of us grew up with each other's side. After the incident that happened involving my family, Aris became my companion and friend. Even though he became my shoulders during those times, I still couldn't bear his boastful scheme. Iba talaga ang hangin kapag malapit ako sa kanya.

"Hey! I thought we're best friends?" he asked as he encircled his arms around my shouders. Sinasabi ko na talaga na kahit kailan ay hindi matatahimik ang buhay ko kapag kasama ko ang laking 'to.

"We're best friends you idiot pero, kapag hindi mo ako tinigilan," I said, glancing in his direction, "siguradong my mahahampas ako ng gitara."

After minutes of blabbering, the two of us arrived at the school's campus. The campus' loud crowd welcomed us as we stepped inside it. Almost all the students were busy telling stories on each other. Ilang araw rin kasing walang klase dahil nagkaroon ng renovation sa campus. I bet everyone do have some stories to tell.

"Una na ako," Aris said. "Terror pa naman ang prof namin sa first sub." He waved me a goodbye before he travelled his way towards his department. I couldn't help but to notice the flock of girls that encircled him. No wonder that my best friend really's a total head turner.

Hindi na rin ako naghintay pa at naglakad na patungo sa department namin. May ilang minuto pa naman bago magsimula ang unang klase ko kaya, may oras pa ako para maglakad-lakad pa. Some of the students were busy sharing their notes and books, while some choose to stay quiet while waiting for their class. I guess this is really college.

"So, anyone heard the news?"

I just found myself sitting inside my first class. The sound of my professor's stilettos echoed inside the whole room. Everyone turned silent, as if they saw a terrifying entity. I couldn't blame them, after all. The professor in front of us was known for her sarcastic remarks. Dapat tama ang isasagot mo kung ayaw mong matusta sa umaga.

"Villaluna, what news have you heard the past few days?" Ms. Aranda, the professor, asked. "Tell me something that you heard from the news."

"According to the news, Chinese Marine were still inhabiting our territory on the West Philippine Sea. They were still routing the said place with massive ships loaded with some machinery." Jacob answered before fixing his glasses on its place. "The said news somehow made me angry. The place was not theirs. It was us."

"As far as I remembered, I asked for the news. Did I even ask you about your opinion?" Ms. Aranda's eyebrow raised as she glanced in Jacob's direction. "No, right?"

The professor walked around the room, eyeing every student. I could totally feel my sweating palms because of her presence. Pakiramdam ko ay masusuka ako sa kaba dahil sa ginagawa niya. Kaunti na lang ay tatawagin ko na ang lahat ng santo para lang hindi ako matawag.

I glanced at Jacob who was now also eyeing our professor. Jacob's one of the students you shouldn't mess with. He's totally an achiever, and he won't let anyone be a barricade for him. I bet the remarks made by our professor somehow crushed his ego. Siguradong nag-iisip na siya ng paraan para mabawi ang sarili niya.

"Now, this time, who could say something about the said news? What can you infer?" Ms. Aranda continued walking around the room. Her stilettos made an eerie sound, making everyone nervous. I thought she would randomly pick someone from the class yet, someone raised a hand.

"Well, Villaluna wants to regain himself," the professor said. "Show me what you've got."

Everyone's eyes were now directly looking at Jacob who was now standing up. I guess something inside him was fired up right now.

"The said news stated that The Hague Arbitral Tribunal already made decision on the ownership of the West Philippine Sea on the year 2016 which was won by the Philippines yet, Chinese Government still don't acknowledge the Exclusive Economic Zone of our country. It simply means and shows that they don't understand the whole context of the decision made by the ruling."

Chills were sent down my spine after hearing Jacob's answer. He truly is the block's ace. Hahanga na sana ako sa kanya kaya lang, bigla siyang lumingon sa direksyon ko at nagpakawala ng isang mayabang na ngiti. Irritation suddenly flared inside me. Mayabang.

One thing that I hated about myself is that I don't want anyone to belittle me. I immediately raised my hand, for the professor to notice me. Hahayaan ko na sana ang sagot niya pero, bahala siya.

"De Luna, anything you want to add? I guess it was something about the moon today" Hindi ko na pinansin pa ang sinabi ng professor naming at nagsimula nang magsalita.

The next thing I knew, Jacob glanced in my direction with an emotion present in his eyes. Anger.