Chapter Two

Marissa's next day was full, but she looked forward to visiting the forum with renewed enthusiasm. She wasn't sure why she wanted to chat with Byron on the forum. Somehow she was drawn to him in a way she couldn't explain. It's not like she really wanted to date him because he seemed so much older, and that could be so annoying.

She fired up her laptop, and hopped on her bed. She brushed back her beautiful dark brown hair. Now quite comfortable in her T-shirt and pajama bottom, she searched her writers' chat line. He was back.

Mar: It's good to see you back. :)

Byron: It surprises me that you're back since you slipped up and told me so much more about yourself than you ever intended to.

Mar: HAHAHAHAH. LMAO. I don't embarrass as easily as you would think. I just have to be honest with you, no matter what you might think about me. ;)

Byron: Why would I think you're a bad person? Besides, your honesty is commendable. So, how are you tonight?

Mar: I am through with Randy. I still love him, but you are right, and my friends are right. He doesn't deserve me, so why give him sex?

Byron: When it comes to boys, you're usually a take-charge girl, aren't you?

Mar: Yup!

Byron: But this guy got to you, didn't he?

Mar: Yep, he did. LOL. I've given up on him. I am back to the girl-in-charge again. You know, capable of love, careful not to fall hard. LOL

Byron: You're a smart girl, aren't you? By that I mean, smart in your school work?

Mar: Yep, I scored in the top twenty on the SAT's in this state.

Byron: So you maxed your IQ test?

Mar: IQ Test? I don't know what that is. They tested me and said my mental age is 22, would you believe it?

Byron: Oh, it just means your Intelligence Quotient. Your score depends on which test you took. Did someone sit you down by yourself and test you?

Mar: No.

Byron: You must have taken the Otis, quick-scoring test, and they just didn't tell you your I.Q.

Mar: What about you?

Byron: Mine? Maybe 120.

Mar: Do you have a problem if mine is larger?

Byron: Not at all. I work hard at my profession. I'm accomplished, have published novels.

Besides, I like conversation with intelligent people.

I accept myself for who I am.

Mar: Byron, Randy is texting me.

Byron: Know what I think? Maybe I shouldn't say what I think about Randy.

Mar: Go ahead. I trust you.

Byron: He's a jerk. Going back to him will not work out. I tried to go back to two girls who had dumped me, each time hoping they would like me more the second time around. It never worked out for me.

Mar: But I <3 <3  <3  him  :)  :)  :)

Byron: You disrespect yourself.

Mar: Oh, you don't know the half of it!!!!!!

Byron: No, you're right. But what about the 40% that I do know about?

I'm 100% sure he'll hurt you every time. He now knows it too.

Mar: I gotta go. TTYL

The next night Marissa thought Byron would never come online. She waited and waited. At last she found him.