07. Royal Lessons...

Rasputin was watching the whole scene through the reliquary, a green circle showing the group getting up from the snow

Rasputin was watching the whole scene through the reliquary, a green circle showing the group getting up from the snow. When he saw his plan had failed, he yanked on his beard and started making noises of frustration.

Bartok watched his master flop onto the stone bench and grimaced, "Wow, hey take it easy there." He hopped over towards him and jumped onto his wrist, "You know, sir, really, you should watch your blood pressure. My nephew Izzie just keeled over one day, mid-mango."

Rasputin's thumb popped off, making Bartok go wide eye seeing it, "Stress. It's a killer, sir." The bat picked up his masters thumb and placed it back on, "And he's a fruit bat. No meat. No blood, even."

"How could they let them escape?" Rasputin demanded and smashed a skull on the stone table.

Bartok shrugged and walked over towards the reliquary, "Ah, you're right. It's very upsetting, sir." He picks up the object in his tiny hands, "Eh. I guess this reliquary's broken."

He tosses it over his shoulder and Rasputin gasped, diving for it. He landed on the ground and stretched out his hand, catching the object in his hand safely. He brought his hand back to him, clutching the reliquary tight and growled.

"Take it easy there. Just remember what I said to you about stress." Bartok reminded as he saw his master glaring at him, getting anger.

Rasputin opened his free hand for the bat to hop in and he did so, "I sold my soul for this." Rasputin closed his hand on Bartok, squeezing him harshly as hr groaned, "My life- my very existence- depends on it, and you..." He chuckles and presses the bat up against the reliquary, threateningly, "Almost destroyed it."

"I get it. I get it. 'You break it, you bought it.'" Bartok stressed out, his voice being muffled by the green glass.

Rasputin brough the bat back up, "See that you remember, you miserable rodent." He threw Bartok aside and looked at the reliquary.

Bartok landed on his back and crossed his arms in annoyance, "Oh, sure. Blame the bat. What the heck, we're easy targets.."

Rasputin turned around, annoyed as he places a hand up to his forehead, "What are you muttering about?" he groaned.