▸ EIGHTEEN ◂

Two weeks had passed before you even knew it. Everything was going so well, but you couldn't help but feel everything was rushed. So much time was quickly slipping through your fingers that you felt like you missed out on a lot. You had already signed Gabriella's permission slip, and today was the day you all drove to the stadium. Right now, the three of you are packing for the long trip.

"Mom, I don't know what to pack," Gabriella frowns.

You smile and walk over to the suitcase you were all sharing, "Pack two outfits, bring your soccer clothes and shoes, and bring your toothpaste and toothbrush. I'll handle the rest, Loulou."

Miguel placed a hand on your back, "We almost ready?"

You scoff, "Oh, please. You haven't even packed what I've been telling you to."

He shrugs, "I don't need two outfits, I'll just wear this one and back."

Miguel gestures to his simple outfit of shorts and a T-shirt, with a jacket on top. You grimace. Sometimes you wonder why a simpleton like him has such a grip on your heart.

"How long do you think we're staying in that hotel? I paid for two nights, Miguel."

"Damn it, of course you did." He throws his head back with a groan, slowly stomping away to pack more clothes.

You quietly giggle to yourself. That's why, it's because he's such a dork that he managed to capture your heart. You shake your head and get back to folding your clothes into the suitcase.

Gabriella chortles from  behind you, "I love how you don't make Dad that lazy anymore."

You try to resist another laugh, but fail, "Did you finish bringing all of your clothes to me?"

"Yup!"

Now, you were all on the road. The drive will take approximately eight hours since the stadium was in a big city far away. You made sure to pack light and bring plenty of snacks, as well as pillows and blankets. Road trips were fun, but only if you had everything.

The first few minutes on the road, you found yourself stressing. Did you forget anything? What if you check everything off the list now but then realize you did not add to the list? It was easy to pack all of your stuff, but to also keep track of two other oblivious children? Stressful.

"(Y/n), can you get me a bag of chips?" Miguel said to you, focused on the road.

You reach back, with Gabriella's help, and bring him a random flavor. It turned out to be barbeque. You open the bag and reach over to set it in his lap, but he stops you. You look up to see that he turns his face to you with his mouth open. 

He glances off the road to your confused face with his mouth still open, "Feed me."

Laughing, you take a chip and place it into his mouth. The two of you were in a giggling fit. Miguel 'accidentally' bit your fingers which causes you to yelp and throw a chip in his face.

"Feed me too, Mom!" Gabriella leaned forward to you with her mouth open. 

You laugh at her and reach back to place a chip in her mouth. What kind of game was this? It was fun, to be fair, but they were capable of feeding themselves.

"I feel like a bird feeding her children." You quietly joke.

"A sexy bird," Miguel mumbles, taking a sip of his soda can. 

You shoot him a warning look, nodding towards Gabriella. He only shrugs and continues to drive. This man acts risky from time to time, but you hoped Gabriella was oblivious to it all.