Switched Earrings

This oneshot was inspired by an image I saw while scrolling through @cntval on twitter. Here's the link:

https://twitter.com/cntval/status/1571918090476355586/photo/1

[P.S, in all of the fanfics I do of them, they're always in a secret relationship if you guys dont mind huehueehue 🤭🤭]

A pale light dimly lit the room, it's few rays peeking through the silhouettes of curtains. Vincent continued to embrace the man in his arms lovingly, despite still being asleep - well, that wasn't for long. As usual, he would wake up the earliest amongst his peers, even on days where he had no missions. The same wouldn't be said about the younger man he cuddled under the blankets with, his hair ruffled, still soundly asleep by the time Vincent had woken up.

Gently, he cupped the darker haired man's cheek and brushed aside wisps of hair to press a kiss to his forehead before carefully sitting up, as to not awake him. A few words of persuasion he had told himself was enough for him to be able to get up. Sure, he wakes up early, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have trouble doing so.

Moments later had he just about finished his daily routine, combing back a few stray hair strands in front of the bathroom mirror until strolling back towards the bed. Realizing how enjoyable his lover's sleep seemed to be, a smile curled up on his lips just by watching him, and he tucked him comfortably in bed. A few final touches had to be made before he was ready to go out, he grabbed one of the earrings on his nightstand without seeing and latched it carefully onto his ear. With one last look at him in bed, he left the room, shutting the door as quietly as possible as to not awake him.

Not long after Chamber had left, Yoru had finally been able to wake up on his own accord too - still groggily rubbing his eyes from not getting enough rest. He had wanted to sleep for longer, but of course his duties in the VP had to convince him otherwise. With a long drawn out sigh, he was able to sit up and stretch, his back and legs still aching and numb from last night. Not that it should affect him much in his mission for today, but it was still an inconvenience nonetheless.

After getting his thoughts sorted out, he was able to make his way to the bathroom and take a look at himself in the mirror. 'Guess I'll have to wear a turtleneck for today..' He thought to himself, his hand placed to the back of his neck before he looked over towards the shower.

Just as he had finished getting out of the shower, Chamber had seemed to arrive back to the room to check up on him. He had wrapped a towel around his waist by the time Chamber knocked on the bathroom door. Chamber opened the door slightly enough for his head to peek through, "Yoru, Mon amour, Brimstone wants us to dispatch for your mission for this morning instead. Reyna had a more important matter to attend to so they replaced her for me for the mission." Chamber said gently over to him as Yoru dried his face with a smaller cloth. Yoru only scoffed in annoyance that he had to get to a mission so early, and nodded. "I'll get dressed first, then." He sighs out, and Chamber nodded back as response and closed the door.

By the time Yoru stepped out of the bathroom, Chamber returned to his workspace to get something - and coincidentally, they had both stepped out of their rooms once Yoru had finished getting dressed. The two had headed towards the place they were supposed to gather at, saying not a word together, though the silence was comfortable. Yoru's joints ached a bit - and if you observed, he had an ever so slight limp as he walked. Phoenix and Jett were both at there by the time they arrived, standing idly by, talking to each other. They both said their greetings towards them and continued to chat with each other - though it seemed to be a more one sided conversation once the two had walked in. 

Whilst Phoenix kept babbling on about some mission he did quite long ago, Jett kept her eye on the two, still facing Phoenix. "Ah." She blurted out quietly, though loud enough for all four to hear, her keen eye of course noticing something different between the two. "What is it?" Phoenix glanced towards her and put his focus on Chamber and Yoru as well. Chamber and Yoru looked over towards Jett too, confused. "Your earrings." She pointed out, Phoenix still not understanding what was wrong. "Oh." Chamber blurted out with a slight lilt to it, and looked towards Yoru to face him. Some incoherent muttering between them was said despite them being just infront of the other pair, Yoru's eyebrows slightly furrowing. He sighs, and brushes it off, Chamber looks a little embarrassed that he put on his earrings - though not in a bad way. The two took off their earrings and Phoenix finally realized as well once the two had taken it off - despite him not focusing on such meticulous observations. Jett stood there, looking at the two, her sharp eyes catching sight of how both of their gazes softened on each other, but she sighed, not wanting to think any further of it. 

By the time the two had finished putting their rightful earrings on, Brimstone walked in the room, all pairs of eyes focused on him. He then began to talk about the mission, Chamber and Yoru of course listening intently. Phoenix and Jett, however, gave each other a certain look, both thinking the same thing. How would they even switch earrings to begin with?

hope u guys enjoyed lmao 🫡🫡🤭😆😆