Chapter 9: Teaching an Idiot how to ride.

It's been 2 weeks since I finished my last class at the Olympics.

The closing ceremony is today. I've collected 3 golds and one silver in my time at the Olympics. Individual Dressage, XC, and Stadium, and Team. Trig went home, and is now being watched by Butch's pet sitter and one of the 1D bodyguards.

The boys are going to be performing at the closing ceremony. Hopefully they don't do anything stupid. I will personally commit a murder.

I zip myself into my London hoddie, jeans, and British flag converse. I also grab my medals and put them around my neck.

"Skye! We have to go!" Liam calls up the stairs.

"OKAY!" I scream and slide down the banister.

The boys were looking "stylish" in their clothes. They were all dressed in Their 'Stage Clothes'.

"Aren't you getting ready there?" I ask.

"Hair and makeup there." Liam replies. I shake my head. Real men only wear eyeliner.

"Lets go!" I smile.

1 hour later.

It is time for the boys to perform. We're actually  only about 30 minutes into the ceremony. George taps my shoulder and points to the stage.

The boys start singing Live While We're Beautiful or something. I am not a bad sister! I just don't know any of their songs or care...

Crap.

Next was Nicki Minaj singing Starships.

This is literally only irritating and annoying.

I just sit, scrolling through twitter until the performances are over.

@andyblack: Can't wait for the Olympics. We are very excited to perform.

Well flip me over and paint me black. I hear the familiar guitar riff.

Yes!

"WHAT IS UP LONDON?" Andy yells.

I sing along quietly to the first verse. The chorus picks up.

The legacy
Born from a dream
On leather wings
Rose from the streets
With our hand on destiny

After the incredible performance, I am at the happiest I can be, knowing that I just witnessed Jesus performing with the rest of the holy apostles. Okay my guardian fallen angels.

Right when Black Veil Brides is done, the coordinators had previously picked some of the highest scoring athletes from random categories to do a speech. I'm one of them, so I have to give a speech.

"And now we would like Skye Payne to come up and say a few words." They said. I make my way up to the stage.

"Well first let me start by saying WOW! I never thought I'd be where I am today. Sort of like my brother Liam, who never thought he'd be in the band One Direction. I've ridden for pretty much all of my life. I remember when my mum and dad were still alive and I used to make Liam drive me down to the barn so I could ride Trig because he was still being broken out. I couldn't have been here without Liam, Trig and my amazing best friend Alec. You guys have always been there for me so I give you many thanks. I've had so much fun being here at the Olympics and meeting new friends such as, Beezie, Rich, George, and Charlotte. This has been such an amazing journey, and I'm glad I had the honor of competing this summer!" I smile and walk off the stage with everyone applauding.

4 hours later the Olympics are over. I give my farewells to George and the rest of them and then the lads and I head home.

The guys tease me the entire time about BVB performing. This time I don't even listen. I just decide to go right to sleep.