Chapter 6 - ARROGANT

Luna Morris

I checked to see if Clyde was still following me or not. I gasped when I saw him standing outside the store, calling someone. Looking down at my shopping bag, I decided to pay for everything and go home.

I need Clyde to leave me alone.

After paying for everything, I walked out of the store thinking that Clyde would be there but no. He's gone. Where did he go?

No, I shouldn't be asking that question. I should be glad that he's gone. I can roam around the mall freely without being annoyed having him around.

I took out my phone to check the time, and it was almost 1 pm. Instead of going home, I walked around the mall, having a good shopping spree.

"Hi." I returned the book to the shelf and turned to the person who called me. "Hi." A tall, blonde-haired man greeted me. He smiled.

"Didn't mean to scare you, but the book that you were holding earlier is a good book." He said, and it made me retake the book. It's a biography of Callum Grasso, a famous painter from Italy in the 1870s.

"I'm assuming you're an artist?" His careful tone made me slightly more relaxed than having someone like Clyde, who talks like a King.

"I am, and how about you?" I turned to him, and he raised his sketching book. I nodded before hugging the Callum Grasso book in my arms.

"I'm a sculptor. Callum's art pieces inspired me even though I'm not a painter. Are you a painter?" He asked, and I walked out from the aisle to check another section.

"I am. I don't look like one, do I?"

"Well, to be honest, no. You're more like a curator to me." He chuckled, and I smiled. "Curator is a cool job, but no, I'm not."

"Have you tried to look around the art museum here?"

"I haven't. I'm new around here, actually," I said as I looked at more books.

"I'm Marvin, by the way." He said, and I turned my attention to him again. He's already putting his hand out to shake my hand.

"I'm Luna. Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"I'm going to the art museum to meet some friends there, do you want to join me? If you're interested." I was contemplating if I wanted to go or not. It's an art museum, and it would be harmless, right?

"I would-"

"I don't think that's a good idea, Marvin." My head snapped to the side to see Clyde standing behind me. His attention fell to the book that he was holding. Clyde slowly turned to Marvin, and my eyes turned to Marvin, who took a few steps back.

"I'm sorry, I was just asking..." After that, Marvin ran away like he had seen a ghost.

"What was that for?!" I turned to him, annoyed.

"He's a creep, and you were going to an art museum with a creep." He hissed as he put the book back on its shelf. "You're the fucking creep!" This man is unbelievable!

"Watch that mouth!"

"You're the one who stalked me for years, asked the government to notify you about my arrival, got into the bar when I was at, and you're here! Who's the real creep here?!" I can't help but be angry at him, but he's just looking at me, bored.

"If you keep doing this, I won't be able to have friends."

"You have Daisy." His statement made me roll my eyes. He's unbelievable.

"I want more friends."

"You can make more friends with me, and I'll introduce you to my friends." I walked towards the cashier to pay for the book. "No, I'm not interested to know your friends. I bet they're as crazy as you!" The cashier guy looked at me so confused. Before I could take out my card, Clyde paid for the book. I grabbed it and walked out of the bookstore.

Clyde walled out and stood beside me. "Where to now, Butterfly?"

"I'm going home, and you should go back to work. I know you're a busy man." I said without looking at him. Suddenly he stood before me, cupping my face with his hands to make me look up at him. "Blanc will take you home." His action took me aback. Seeing him this close made my legs shake.

"Who's Blanc?"

"My secretary." He turned his head to the side, and a man was already waiting for me. "Mr.Nielsen and Ms.Morris." He greeted.

"Take her home, Blanc," Clyde said.

"Yes, Mr.Nielsen." Blanc nodded at him. Clyde turned to me and gave me a peck on my lips. My heart stopped beating for a second. My face turned hot, and my legs were shaking. I was out of words. Clyde let go of me and walked away. I turned to see him go.

"Ms.Morris, let me escort you to the car," Blanc said as he took all my bags. "Okay." I followed him as I was still processing what just happened. My fingers touched my lips, and I could feel it burning.

The twelve years old I would scream in the woods for this. If he had kissed me when I was twelve, I would have dragged him to church.

Blanc took me back to my apartment, and as soon as I got inside. I screamed. I can't express what I'm feeling, but I screamed. I even buried myself in my pillow. This is frustrating, and I'm not playing this game with Clyde. I need to put him in place by telling him clearly that I'm not interested in him.

I'm not that delusional twelve years old kid anymore. I'm a grown-up now, and he can't fool me anymore.

I dialed Daisy's number, "Let's go to a club." I said as soon as she answered.

"What are we celebrating?" She squealed.

"My freedom," I said, and she laughed from the other side. I put her on speaker and walked towards my closet.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, we'll get drunk and get laid tonight!" I squealed.

Clyde, just you wait! I'll prove you can't get in my way. Screw you, arrogant bastard!