Chapter 14 - SNAPPED

Clyde Morris

I was tapping my pen on my thigh anxiously as I looked at the time. This meeting lasts 3 hours, and I can see it won't end soon. Kayden and Ares argued about the new shipping situation, and Mason was busy looking at his phone.

I kicked Mason's leg, and he turned to me, raising his eyebrows, waiting for me to say something. "End this," I whispered.

"I think that's all for today," Mason said as he put his hands on the table, getting up from his seat. Some shareholders turned to Mason, annoyed, but some employees thanked him silently. "We'll continue this meeting in ten decades since I don't see the ending to this argument." I chuckled at his bold statement while Kayden and Ares were on edge to kill the guy.

Kayden gave all of them a nod, and with that, the meeting ended. Mason clapped his hands, and Ares looked like he would kill Mason.

"I don't know why the two of you argue with each other so much, and you might as well kill each other." Mason looked at them back to back. "I think the solution to this problem is simple. Let's just cut our ties with the Somerset. That company has been bitching about the shipping since last year when we already made sure that the problem was from their side." Mason rolled his eyes.

"Besides, cutting our ties with Somerset might lose a few hundreds of thousands of dollars, but I rather lose it than have a headache every month about this." He added.

"Shut the fuck up, and you don't even know the problem." Ares hissed, and Kayden sighed.

"I need popcorn," I commented.

"Troy Somerset is an idiot. I always have a monthly headache because you two always argue about him. If you want to kill him, let me know. It's been a while since I drew some blood." Mason's words made Kayden and Ares run their hands through their hair, frustrated. Mason is right, but from Kayden and Ares' side, it could be backfired.

"We still need him. His death won't give us anything." Kayden said, agreeing to the kill without saying it. I got up from my seat, and all eyes were on me.

"Where are you going?" Mason asked. He was looking at me, confused.

"He has a girlfriend," Kayden said, and Mason laughed, "Clyde can't have a girlfriend. He's ruthless, rude, and a selfish motherfucker."

"Look at yourself in the mirror," Ares said, and he's right. Mason and I were like twins. We're not friendly to other people, we're rude, and we're so selfish for our good, for people who knew about us told us that we were cut from the same cloth.

I was so offended by the statement that I told him I was better than Mason.

"I'm out of here." I walked out, and Blanc was already waiting in front of the meeting room. "Rodi called, sir." I gave him a nod and went up to my office to call Rodi.

"Tell me what you know..." I went straight to the point because I wanted to know.

"We're currently looking into it, but first, there's something that you should know about Ms.Morris," Rodi said in a serious tone, making me nervous.

"She's been in therapy for years. Now, since she's in Seattle, she's having it online. Her psychiatrist's name is Kris, and she's 42 years old. They met when she was 18 and had been helping her ever since."

"Tell me more, Rodi. I need more than this."

"We'll update you tomorrow. We want to double-check some things before handing it to you." Rodi is good at his job, so he's been working with The Bloodhounds from the start. His loyalty lies to our leader, and it pissed me off because he's willing to drop everything if our leader orders him to do something.

"Give me Kris' contact."

"Yes, sir." I thanked him and ended the call.

I texted Luna to see what she was up to, even though I knew her whereabouts from Team Alpha and Mila.

Clyde: Where are you?
Luna: Mall, shopping.
Clyde: Have you eaten?
Luna: Stop bothering me. I'm busy.
Clyde: If you dare to leave me on read, I will bother you in person, Butterfly.
She left me to read.

"Blanc, meet me at the lobby." I went down to the lobby.

"Where are you going?" I saw Mason walking toward me with a tab in his hand. He's wearing a lab coat and safety glasses. "I'm going to see Luna. Why?"

"You're getting boring, Clyde. Unless you plan to kill some people since you've been using Rodi."

"I'm planning to kill some people or maybe torture some of them," I smirked as I patted his shoulder. "Include me in the fun."

"No. See you the day after tomorrow, Calland." He nodded, and I walked out of the building. Blanc was already waiting for me, and I gave him the location of Luna's whereabouts.

Blanc dropped me at the mall, and I told him to go straight home. I went in, and Mila said to me that she was currently in a jewelry shop. I stood outside the shop looking at her, trying some bracelets.

I think I looked at her too hard, making her turn to me. She only looked at me briefly before returning to the bracelet.

"Who do we have here?" My head snapped to the side to see Celine. Celine is a daughter of a wholesale supermarket company, and she's been hitting on Mason and me since last year.

"Hello, Celia," I said, pretending to forget her name.

"It's Celine. Are you going to the charity event this Friday?" She asked as she linked my arm with hers. I pulled away immediately. "It's none of your business."

"Oh! Next week on Monday, I got-"

"Who are you?" I turned my head to see Luna standing a foot away from us. Her eyes were looking straight at Celine, she clenched her jaw tightly, her hands wrapped into a fist, and she looked like she could kill her.

How fascinating...

"This is my girlfriend, Luna. This is Celia, or was it, Celina?" I said without looking at Celine because Luna's reaction still captivated me.

I've never seen her like this, and I love it.