1

It was the start of February 1995 when I moved to Woodsboro with my aunt. I lived with her for the past four years since my parents unfortunately died in a car accident.
We were driving home from my grandma's house when it happened. I survived but my parents didn't make it. Ever since then my aunt, mom's sister took me in and I lived with her. I used to live in Portland with her but now we live in Woodsboro in my grandma's house who passed away in December.
Now it's just me and my aunt Kim. I'm not complaining tho, she is the best aunt I could've ever asked for.
For the past four years I spent with her, she was just like my mother. Caring, loving, supporting and understanding.

Now it's April and I'm about to attend new school, Woodsboro High School.
I have only three months left of my sophomore year so I hope it will go great and I'll make some friends.

My alarm started screaming and I lazily turned it off. I looked at the clock and it said 6:30 AM. I slowly made my way to the bathroom and washed myself up. I brushed my teeth, my hair and went back to my room. I opened my closed and took out some pieces of clothing.
I couldn't really define my style because one day I dressed like a boy and the other like a princess. It really depends on my mood and the way I wake up.
Since it was my first day, I decided to look pretty and pulled out a dress. It was simple black dress with small blue flowers on it and it reached a bit further under my knees. It only has straps so I added white top under it, not like I couldn't have my shoulders shown but to me it looked better that way.
I added some simple necklace and a bracelet I had from my mother.
I put on white socks and my black booths. I sat behind my makeup table and put on some mascara and lipgloss.
My skin was pretty clear so I didn't wear makeup very often, only on special occasions.
I decided to wear my hair up in a ponytail with strands of hair on my sides out.
I looked in the mirror for the last time and stood up. I took my school bag and went downstairs to greet my aunt.

She was already in the kitchen cooking breakfast while humming to a Backstreet Boys song

She was already in the kitchen cooking breakfast while humming to a Backstreet Boys song. I laughed softly under my breath and put my bag down next to the stairs.
Our staircase was right across the kitchen so I could see her from there. To my right there was our living room and to my left there was the front door and under the staircase there was a bathroom with a toilet.

I walked into the kitchen, looking at the clock as it said 7:15 and sat down on one of the chairs of our kitchen island.
"Good morning Kim." I said to her as she turned around and smiled at me.
"Good morning Y/n, you look stunning! You're absolutely beautiful in that dress. I told you it would look good on you." she said as I smiled back at her. The dress I decided to wear today was a gift from Kim. I never wore it before but today looked like a good opportunity.

"What are you cooking?" I asked as I poured myself some orange juice.
"Eggs with bacon, do you want some?" she answered and I nodded my head. She was done right away and served me and her breakfast.
I was almost finished when she broke the silence again.
"So, are you excited for today?" she asked with excitement in her voice. Her and mom grew up here. She always said how Woodsboro is amazing town and she loved every part of it.
"Yeah, I am actually. I hope I'll meet some people and get to know this town better. And also maybe I would like to find a part time job here." I told her truthfully and looked at her.
"You know you can always ask me for money if you need any." She looked at me back,
"I know of course, but it would be nice having my own money and if I find some job I really enjoy then I will spend time normally and not just laying in bed all day." I swallowed my last bite of my breakfast and stood up.
She gave me heartwarming smile and nodded her head in understanding.
I put the dishes in the sink, took my bag, told Kim my goodbyes and left out of the door.