Darius

Darius.

Darius is a dick . He has his sweet times, but he is just too stubborn to seriously be a better person, which is why we are not dating anymore. But even tho we decided not to date, we are still cool... I guess. We agreed to stay cool after the breakup, but never had a chance to actually be "cool" because he rarely ever came to church. And It's summer so obviously were not seeing each other around school. Not that it ever bothered me anyway.

"Hi Darius sweetheart, how are you?" My mom asks as they hug. "I'm doing good, How are you?" He responds. "I'm good, thanks," mom says, I hear the smile in her voice. "Is she okay?" Darius asks, referring to myself on the floor with my head in my hands. I hear his feet walking towards me. I keep my head down, afraid that if I move, I'll wake the pain up from its temporary slumber.

"She'll be alright she just has a stomach ache." Mom waters down, knowing that I don't want him to try and feel bad for me. It doesn't work. He knows me too well. My body language might be partly at fault. "Hey, Hev." Hev...the nickname only He used. the only person that calls me by my first syllable, instead of the last. I feel a slight shake on the ponytail of my tied up hair. I swat his hand away, "Stop" I whineily drag out, slightly annoyed by the sudden movement.

Darius chuckles and slides down next to me. "What going on?" He softly asks. "My stomach hurts," I mumble lowly. "Do you know why?" "Cramps." I state plainly.
"Oh damn I'm sorry," he responds as he starts to rub my shoulder. I stay in the same position, still not moving. "Come to the tables Ven, so you can eat this." My mom tells me. Slowly, I push my way up, and Darius starts to help me. We walk over to the lunchroom and sit down as my mom puts the plate in front of me along with some advil. "Alright, are you okay here?" My mom asks. "Yeah, I'll be fine," I state. "Okay, I'm going to put my phone on sound, so if you need anything, call me." "Okay." I reply as she walks back towards the treasury room.

I pick up the fork and start to pick at the food. Darius notices. "Are you gonna eat it or just play with it?" He questions me. I laugh slightly, shaking my head. I bring the fork up to my mouth, taking a bite then leaning back, into my seat. I swallow the first bite, slowly getting up for another one. I swallow that one. I get another one. I lean back. I'm staring at the plate now.

"Sit up and eat another bite," Darius's deep voice tells me. I look at him. He's being serious. I sit up and pick up the fork. I stare at the plate. The fork is taken from my hand.

"Open" Darius orders. "Darius, I can feed mysel-" "Open." I look at him once more. He's being serious. I open my mouth annoyed. He puts a fork full in my mouth. I chew it. I sit back. "Unt uh sit back up and eat the rest of this." I sit back up.

He feeds me bite after bite and I'm finally halfway through the plate. I lean back. "Come here," he motions. "But I already ate half." "Okay great, now eat the rest of it." I grudgingly sit up and take another bite, then slump back into my seat. "Come. Here." he orders sternly. "I'm not hungry anymore." "You need to eat the rest of this while it's hot to feel better" "but I'm not hungry." I say with annoyance in my voice. "You barely ate any of it."

I sigh, turning my body, showing that I'm done. there's nothing he can do to make me eat the rest of that. I'm done. "Really?" I don't respond. "I'll give you two choices, you can either eat the rest of this now and be done, or we can go to my car and then you eat the rest of this when we come back." You know he's not playing. Just eat the rest of it it's not that bad. I cross my arms and huff. "Ight." he gets up, then gets foil from the kitchen and covers my food, then puts it in the fridge.

"Lemme see your phone." "For what?" I question rudely while unlocking and handing it to him. He types something and looks at the phone for a second, then types something else before handing it back to me.

Mama<3

Hey, I'm stepping outside for a second. I need fresh air. I'll be back soon.

Okay. I'm still in the Treasury room. I'll be here for a while, but call me if you need me.

Okay. I will.

Darius hands me the advil, and I swallow the two pills. "Let's go," Darius orders.

shit