🧣 Chapter eight: Jasper's Journey through the Ever After 🧣

WARNING: The chapter contains graphic and upsetting descriptions and images. Viewer discretion is advised.

Please be advised, RWBY Volume 9 spoilers ahead.

A faint voice called out in the blackish green background, "Jasper. Jasper, wake up. It's time to wake up."

Jasper opened her eyes slowly, squinting up at the strange sky above her. She sat up, adjusting her body to look around the area in a comfortable fashion. She turned her neck to see a forest with brightly colored trees in sight.

Jasper whimpered in pain. She moved her body slightly to alleviate the weight off the right side of her neck, which she then reached her hand up to. She then pulled her hand back, and a small amount of blood covered her fingertips.

Jasper let out a gasp. She brushed the blood off at the bottom of her skirt, leaving a dark red smudge.

Slowly, Jasper got up and started walking towards the forest. A piece of shiny material caught her attention, and she investigated it. She saw that it was the tip of a sword blade. Her eyes glanced over the point of the sword, covered with blood.

Jasper wondered whose blood it could be, and she bent over the blade, tears escaping her as she started to cry out loud. A feeling of loneliness crept up inside of her, an empty feeling she could not shake off.

As she tried to get her sobs under control, a piece of her long chestnut hair fell in front of her face. Jasper gazed at the piece of hair. She straightened up, and held the blade to the side. She then began to cut the end of her hair with the edge of the blade.

When she finished, she observed the large pile of hair lying on the ground, a few pieces being swept by the wind. With her free hand, she reached up and felt the leftover strand, now hovering above her shoulder. Even though she could not see her handiwork, she gave a nod, and tucked the blade in her skirt. She continued forward.

Jasper managed to find a small stream trickling nearby. Leaning over the water, she washed her face, her hands, and then her neck. She tore a small section out from her shirt, and started to wrap it around her neck, but she realized there was no tape for it to stay.

Jasper let out a frustrated sigh and sat on the back of her heels. However, something pink at the bottom of a tree caught her attention. She cautiously approached the object, and tugged at the corner.

A silky, pink scarf appeared. Jasper felt its softness in her fingers. She then draped it around her neck, carefully, and covered the wound as best as she could.

She was about to start her walk through the trees, when she heard a rustle nearby. She reached behind her for Crescent Blossom, but her weapon was not there.

Jasper held her breath and waited. A tall man with familiar blonde hair and armor came out of the trees and into the clearing.

Jaune's face appeared worried at first, then a visible look of relief and a sigh escaped him.

"Jasper! I am so glad to see you!" Jaune Arc said.

"Likewise. Where are we?"

Jaune shrugged, "I have no idea. I washed up a few days or nights ago, maybe? I can't tell what time it is down here, or here? It's all so confusing."

Jasper nodded, "I agree with that last part. I was about to head into the forest to see if any of the others were here."

Jaune frowned, "Well, see, I was thinking maybe we should stay near the shore and wait for Team RWBY to show up."

Jasper narrowed her eyes, "But how do we know that they are already here? What if they don't wash up to the shore close to each other or near us, just like we did?"