ᴄʜᴀꜱɪɴɢ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ

5:00pm / sunday

you and hobie were sitting in the music club after school. The both of you usually would hang out there because nobody ever uses it.  hobie's body was draped over some broken swivel chair while you were on the floor, tinkering with some drum sticks.

"man i wish i knew how to play drums." you think out loud.

"then learn. you already know how to play two instruments. who says you can't do it again?" hobie sits up slightly, his hands gripping on a desk to help holster him up.

"i don't have a drum set lying around my guy."

"i'll steal one for ya" he gets up fully, walking towards y/n with a lazy smirk. "can't be that hard." hobies voice goes slightly quiet as he comes down to your level. sitting behind you, his arms creep up to hang over you with an addition of his chin resting on your shoulder.

you scoff slightly. hobie never failed to surprise you with his confidence. " i know you're strong but how the fuck are you gonna haul a whole drum set around without arousing suspicion?"

you feel his lips curl into a smirk in your neck "you can do anything if you put your mind to it." the warmth of his breath tickles your neck, causing a small shudder to course through your body.

"mhm, sure"

for awhile you guys stayed like this. hobies hands moving down to hug you by your waist while his head still buried in your neck. something felt off.

the guy was always like this, very touchy. you didn't mind though. at first, the physical contact left you feeling flustered since nobody outside of family gave you physical affection like that. but now, his touches only filled you with comfort.  if someone were to ask you what his touches made you feel, you wouldn't be able to give a straight answer. you just knew it just felt good.

however, he was awfully quiet today.

"hey? you okay man? you seem very out of it" 

"yea, it's just shit at home. you know how it is."  the grip onto your waist got tighter

"you can stay by mine tonight. my parents always welcome you, you know that."

you feel a sigh on your neck "please."  the way you can hear his voice tremble in that one word made you want to hold him forever.

"let's go home

5:15pm / shopping

the streets of london was particularly active this evening. the pavement was still wet from the miserable rain and that sea smell was still so evident in the air. hobie was slightly in front of you, your finger was tugging onto the material that loops over his belt.

"my mum said that she wants me to go to the corner shop to get some parsley." you say, looking at your phone

''Ight'' he nods in response.

as you're crossing the street, hobies swings an arm over your shoulder. he pulls you closer to himself while walking.

"stay close to me yea? don't want you slipping like you did that one time at-" you interrupt him by lightly nudging his side.

"i fell once and you won't get over it." you meet hobies eyes as you speak, only to see him smirking like a devil.

"i dunno why you gotta be so rude. i'm just concerned for you love" hobies voice gets a bit clearer as his lips move closer to your ear. "that bother you, y/n?"

the tone of his voice makes you shiver. placement of his hands, his lips practically on your ear, it's like he's trying to make your heart throb.

and it's sure as hell working.