Chapter 2|| Areum

"I'll take this bunny home," Yoongi groans trying and failing to pick up the younger

"I'll help you hyung," Namjoon offers pulling Jeongguk's body over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

Gobsmacked Yoongi opens the door to his black Audi getting into the drivers seat as Namjoon plants a kiss to Seokjin's forehead.

"I'll drop him home once we get Jeongguk in his apartment," Yoongi assures his hyung.

Seokjin nods his head before climbing into his gray Range Rover and whipping out the driveway.

"Welcome," The receptionist smiles recognizing the two males and the resident hanging over Namjoon's shoulder.

"Hello," Namjoon waves to the guy behind the desk as they enter the elevator.

"I think I might move here," Yoongi says laying against the wall."It's a great location from the Han river."

"I have to agree," Namjoon nods.

Yoongi realizes they might look crazy since none of their attire match.

Yoongi was in a beige colored sweater with black sweatpants and converse.Jeongguk had on a white shirt,yellow bomber jacket,faded jeans and his classic timberlands.Namjoon had a ripped sleeveless white shirt,black shorts and sandals.

"Their room is locked," Yoongi says to Namjoon once they're inside the apartment."Let's just leave him on the couch."

Coming from the hallway after turning off the lights Yoongi approaches the living room seeing Namjoon looking through the snack cabinet.

The boys would often gather at the maknaes' so often that Jeongguk and Ayeong made sure to stock up for the six males.

"Hana has her own cabinet," Namjoon smiles."I don't think she'll mind if I steal one."

Kim Hana is Namjoon's favorite cousin and Ayeong's best friend.The girl worked as a doctor in the main hospital in Seoul with Ayeong.

Jeongguk mentioned that they were going somewhere in Italy to attend their friends wedding along with work affairs and would be coming back in four days.

"That's Hana's you know how she gets," Yoongi shakes his head."Just take something from my stash."

He grabs a glass filling it up with water before he sees a note on the counter.It was the note Jeongguk left behind for Ayeong.

"That pork belly smells good," Namjoon says."Did he make that for Yeonie.She's allergic to pork."

"I guess he doesn't know his wife that well," Yoongi replies.

"It's funny you know," Namjoon says sitting in a chair,munching away at the food."It's Areum's and his favorite."

"Areum," Yoongi's heart rate picks up not even bothering to scold Namjoon.

"Yeah didn't Jeongguk tell you," Namjoon raises an eyebrow."She's coming back."

Yoongi has had the biggest crush on Areum for a couple years now.The girl had the biggest eyes and the most attractive smile he's ever seen.She was the reason he didn't want to settle down.He wanted her to be the one.

"He hasn't even told Ayeong," Namjoon frowns."He better tell her soon since Areum is coming in two days."

As Yoongi sat in a chair trying to process Namjoon put a water bottle and some painkillers next to Jeongguk on the coffee table.

"Let's go hyung," Namjoon yawns."Seokjin is waiting for me."

Nodding before standing up Namjoon and Yoongi exited the apartment making their way down the narrow hallway to the elevator.

Groaning Jeongguk squints his eyes as the sunlight peeks through the blinds.He shrugs off the jacket he was wearing before tossing it to the ground.

"What time is it?" He mutters looking at the clock.

11:45 am

Looking at the water and pills he chugs it down before heading to his room.

The apartment the couple lived in was actually Ayeong's so she got the master bedroom above his while Jeongguk got the second largest of the four bedrooms they have not including the storage room and two bathrooms and the one in Ayeong's room.

His wife was an astonishing person really.Even though Jeongguk was an introvert she never pushed for more conversation then what he was comfortable with and anything that Jeongguk said went not because there was an imbalance of power but because Ayeong trusted him.She always knew that Jeongguk would think any decision deeply as she tended to make impulsive decisions.

Before they married the two sat down to discuss a prenup in case any future arguments arose.The only thing they shared was one account.Jeongguk took care of any utility bills such as electricity and water, he would make sure to fill the tank of gas for their cars,and paid any subscriptions they had.Ayeong had paid off their cars,bought any household supplies,paid the phone bill and would do laundry every other week and groceries were usually spilt or they would take turns paying if they decided to eat out.

Throwing everything on the floor Jeongguk turned on the water to wash off the smell of beer and to sooth his headache.

It was actually Ayeong who approached him in the gym he worked at before he opened his own,she had recognized him because Seokjin,Yoongi and her had recently graduated from university and had thrown a small get together at Yoongi's parents house.She had asked him over for brunch one time since Yoongi,Namjoon and Hana were coming over.
Shortly after that he would often find himself going on outings only with her.Of course he always made sure to draw a line since he had a girlfriend at the time and she would often get jealous.

Minha was his first real love.She would always be in a way.She was a year younger but more experienced in everything he wasn't and she was the first woman he gave everything to.First love,first kiss,first date,first time.She left him for another man though after they had an argument over a petty issue and that left him devastated.He pushed himself more into work to the point he nearly passed out,he grew his hair out,changed his style,got piercings.

He was on his way to Ayeong's three months months after the break up when he heard her father urging her to get married.He already had many candidates picked out if she didn't find someone else which had the girl breaking into sobs.Then and there he made a plan to propose to her with the ring he had bought for Minha.

It was a rash decision he admits to try replacing his ex girlfriend for a good friend of his but broken hearted Jeongguk didn't care because to him feeling pain was better than feeling nothing at all.

Surprisingly Ayeong agreed and though Mr.Soo showed disappointment at first he accepted Jeongguk as a son in law after seeing his only daughter happy with the raven haired man.