Chapter 9

ASGARD

ASGARD

Saga is the only daughter of Odin and Frigga, the king and queen of Asgard.  She has two older brothers named Thor and Loki.   They have always been close.  

Saga is 8 years old and Odin has decided to bring her and her brothers to show them the tesseract.  She couldn't believe it that she was standing infront of it.  

Odin stands infront of his children.  "One day one of you will become king and have to defend that peace."   Saga looks at  her brothers, knowing that they would become very different kings. 

"Do the frost giants still live?"  Loki asks worried.  Thor chuckles.  "When i'm king, i'll hunt the monsters and slay them all. Just as you did father."   Yes, very different.  

Saga looks at their father.  "What about me father? What is my destiny."  

Odin looks at his only daughter and show her to take a step closer and she does.  He puts his hand on her shoulders.  "Saga, my girl.   You are the only daughter of your mother and i and as the daughter of the king and queen of Asgard, there are so many possibilites of your life that you can take, it's your choice.  Be lucky that you don't have the same pressure on you as your brothers have, okay?"   Saga nods and stands next to her brothers once again.  

Odin looks at them all.  "Remember, a wise king never seeks out war.  But he must always ready for it."  He smiles and starts walking and they all run to follow him.  

Both Loki and Thor takes their father's hand and Saga takes her place beside her more sensitive brother.   Odin looks at his sons. "Only one of you can anscend the throne, but both of you were born to be kings."   Saga looks, smiling at her brothers.  

It's now been years since that day and the big day has finally come, the coronation and it's Thor that's gonna ascend the throne.  Saga is standing between Loki and their mother Frigga.  Beside Loki stands his wife Tyra,  daughter of Heimdall.   

Thor is walking through the crowd and Saga can't hold herself from rolling her eyes as he's showing off.   She feels someone nudge her shoulder, she looks to her right and sees her mother who gives her a look which makes her stand straight and look forward.  

She sees Sif on the other side, smiling at her.   Sif, her best friend and the woman she had a crush on her for years, it's hard for her to not blushing.  

Thor walks up to the stairs to the throne and kneels down to their father on the throne.  He takes off his helmet and looks up smiling.   He looks at their mother and winks.  She shakes her head smiling.  

Their father stands up from the throne and hits his spear into the floor, which quiets everyone in the room, it's time for the king to speak.  "Thor Odinson, my heir, my firtsborn."     

Hearing the heir part Tyra  takes her husband's hand to hold, she knows this is hard for him.  

"So long entrusted with the mighty hammer Mjolnir, forged in the heart of a dying star.  It's power has no equal, as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build.  Tis a fit companion for a king.  I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the nine realms from the time of the great beginning.  Though the day has come."  Their, father Odin speaks.  

"Do you swear to guard the nine realms?"  Odin asks Thor.  "I swear."  Thor Answers.    "And do you swear to persvere the peace?"  Odin asks.   "I swear."  And once again Thor Answers.  

"Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and to pledge yourself only to the good of the realm."  Odin asks.   "I swear!" Thor answers with a loud voice.  

"Then on this day.  I, Odin allfather, proclaim you.."  But  before he can continue, Odin stops.  Saga looks at her mother and then back at her father, confused. 

"Frost giants."  Odin says.   Odin looks at his children, all three of them.  "Follow me, everyone else stay put.    Odin goes down his throne and walks down.   Saga and Loki follow down to their brother as they follow their father.  

They walk into treasure room and sees ice all over the walls and the floor.  Frost giants and asgardian guards laying dead.  Saga doesn't understand how this could happen.  

"The Jotuns must pay for that they've done!"  Thor is angry.  

"They have paid, with their lives."  Odin answers calmly.  

"The destroyer did it's work, the casket is safe and all is well."  Odin answers.  Saga can tell that Thor is not satisfied with that answer.  

"All is well?" Thor almost scoffs out.   "They broke into the weapons vault!  If the frosen giants had even stolen one of these relics."    "They didn't."  Odin answers.   Thor is frustrated.  "But i want to know why!"

"I have a truce with Laufey, the king of the Jotuns."  Odin tells them. "He just broke your truce! They know your vulnerable!" Thor answers.  Saga looks at her brother shocked.  

Odin turns to his children but looks especially at Thor.  "What action would you take?"  

"March into Jotunheim as you once did, teach them a lesson, break their spirits.  So they'll never dare to cross our borders again."  Thor answers.  

"You're only thinking as a warrior."  Odin tells him.   "This was an act of war!"  Thor shouts. 

"This was an act of a few, doomed to fail."  Odin answers calmly.  "Look how far they got!"

"We will find the breach in our defenses and it will be sealed."  Odin answers. 

"As the king of Asgard.."  Thor starts to say but Odin quickly cuts him off.  "But you're not king! not yet. with that their father walks off.  When their father is out of the room, Thor walks off without saying a word.   

Saga looks at her brother Loki and takes his hand and they walk out together.  She has no idea what's gonna happen next.  

Saga and Tyra are here!!  I hope you guys like this chapter and pls tell me your thoughts.