Chapter 8

Wednesday sits beside the overly large train station set that his father plays with when he's angry, lost, or confused. Rose is moving into her new room with the help of Pugsley and Lurch, and Wednesday was going to help her, but Rose told him that his father needed him more than she did at the moment. Morticia had heard the conversation, and it made the mother of the family love Rose all the more, knowing that her family is truly in good hands.

Gomez rants to his son about how Fester is an imposter because he'd never forget how to work with or without that blasted finger trap, and he's already working on his third cigar as he continues to rant in utter rage. Wednesday gets up from his seat to take one for himself from the box as Thing stands next to Gomez, pacing around in the small space that he's in.

"'How do you take it off?'" Gomez angrily snaps, mocking the words Fake Fester had said in the car, and Gomez shakes his head, still unable to wrap his head around the fact that Fester isn't really Fester. "That's absurd! That finger trap was a party favor for his 10th birthday!"

The two watch the train race wildly across the track, it's whistle violently blowing into the room, and if the train was going any faster around the sharp turns, it would have end up derailed too early. Wednesday sighs as he watches the train speed around like a lightning bolt then he looks up at his father. The boy knew that his father wouldn't handle the news well, but this is a little much, in his opinion.

"He wore that finger trap for two years! Mother had to teach him how to eat with his feet! And the combination, and the password, and my cigar, and he slept so well!" Gomez rants as he speeds the train up, and Wednesday hums as he takes a minute to smoke the cigar in his hand before looking at his father through the smoke.

"Father, you're using the diesel again." Wednesday comments, but Gomez ignores him as he continues to rant. The train is going so fast now that it nearly derails at the turns, and one more notch in the speed will do it in. "Rose and I could have told you of our suspicions, but would you have believed them? We were waiting for proof, and proof we got. The covered bridge, father."

The train races under the covered bridge, causing the whole manor to shake due to the sheer force coming off the train, and Pugsley quickly tells Rose to grab onto something. They had just finish moving everything into her new room, the younger boy helping Rose move her paintings into one of the side rooms that she's planning to make her art room, and Rose grabs Pugsley's hand as they both dive to grab hold of the doorframe to her new room.

"Dead Man's Curve." Wednesday casually says as the smoke of his cigar billows softly around his head. Wednesday didn't have a particular taste for them like his father, much preferring his cigarettes, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't help himself if they're available.

 Moving back over to his chair, Wednesday sits down and grabs the arms of the chair in a tight grip in order to not be shaken out of it as the manor begins to shake more violently. Rose and Pugsley hold onto each other as they sink to the floor, Rose doing her absolute best to protect the boy even though he's bigger than her, and Pugsley does the same to her, not wanting to face the wrath of his brother should Rose get hurt while in his care.

No one realizes that the grandmother of the family is currently in the kitchen, making one of her many concoctions, and fearing that the shaking of the house will mess it up. No one notices that the Fake Fester is also currently about to make his way towards the family's vault, which had been his goal all along because of how rich everyone knows the Addams Family to be. He's dressed in his usual black gown with multiple weapons, carrying an entire arsenal on his person.

Gomez and Wednesday watch as the train speeds faster and faster along the track, one watching in sadistic amusement while the other is huffing in rage. No one notices that Lurch has finally made it back to his room for the night and is trying to sew one of his shirts, but the manor is shaking too much for him to do it, so he decides to wait until morning.