Galactic daycare

ѕρℓαѕн

Gregory opens his eyes in a panic, his whole body was submerged in a strange liquid littered with stars and cool colors. Quickly, Gregory pushed his head above the liquid, seeing it looked like small domes on the surface.

The child frantically looked around, taking in sharp breaths at each second. Soft music played inside the little realm Gregory found himself in. Curious, he tried moving out of the small lake. He found himself in to get a better vantage point of the whole place, wanting to see what it looked like.

I was Gregory waited through the lake. He heard a sound coming from a small hole in the wall. It sounded like a set of bells ringing. Nervous, Gregory quickly ducked down as a clown like figure emerged from the hole onto a balcony that rested above the lake. The figure wore a loose top with baggy sleeves & loose, puffy pants. At the top of the pants, there was a small skirt that seem to be darted in stars and stripes. The top that the figure was wearing had a ruffle collar that was primarily a dark red with blue spots and yellow stars covering it. Gregory couldn't make out any feet on the creature, but he can make out two sets of small wings. Two at the hips and two at the shoulders.

The most unique thing about the creature that Gregory saw was the head. The thing lacked a neck, and where a head would be was a floating sun. On a closer inspection of the thing, Gregory noticed that it's wrists had large bows that had bells in the center, the ribbons trailing off and dragging behind it. Suddenly, without warning, the thing jumped, its wings seemed to carry at the Gregory couldn't hear them flapping.

Soon the creature landed in front of the lake and sighed, cleaning up a small pile of clouds that was near the lake. Gregory quietly waited through the water, doing his best to not draw attention to himself, while marveling at the area he was in. It looks like a daycare fused with a playground. It was filled with jungle gym like play structures, and there were tables and chairs further away from the lake that seemed to be calling him.

"ωḙʆʆ... ḉʆḙᾰℵṳ℘ ωᾰṧ Պṳḉℏ ḙᾰṧ!ḙԻ тℏᾰℵ ℵ✺ԻՊᾰʆ! тℏᾰℵк тℏḙ ṧтᾰԻṧ тℏḙ к!ᖱṧ ωḙԻḙ ωḙʆʆ ♭ḙℏᾰṽḙᖱ т✺ᖱᾰ⑂." The entity said, there was an ethereal sound to it's voice. Slowly, a soft blue gradient begin fading in across the area.

"✺ℏ! ! ❡ṳḙṧṧ ℏḙ'ṧ ḉ✺Պ!ℵ❡ ✺ṳт ṧ✺✺ℵḙԻ тℏᾰℵ ḙ✘℘ḙḉтḙᖱ... ωḙʆʆ- ℏḙ'ʆʆ ♭ḙ ℘ʆḙᾰṧḙᖱ ω!тℏ ωℏᾰт ! ❡✺т ᖱ✺ℵḙ!" The creature, said, the glow from its head, slowly fading as a small mist began to encapsulate where the head was. The mist seem to be almost galaxy, like, forming in ever moveing cloud.

The new form of the creature stretched its body, seemingly tired.

"ዞʉዞ... Ꭵ ℊʉƏᏕᏕ Ꮥʉɲ mᏜɲᏜℊƏᗬ ʈ⋆ ᏟᎱƏᏜɲ ʈዞƏ ℘ᎱᏜᏟƏ ʉ℘ ℘ℛ⋆℘ƏℛᎱᎽ.. mᏜᎽℬƏ ዞƏ'Ꮥ ɲ⋆ʈ Ꮥ⋆ ℬᏜᗬ..." the new entity said turning slightly to the left.

"mᏜℬƏᎽ ᎳƏ ᏟᏜɲ ℱᎥɲᏜᎱᎱᎽ ᏟᏜʈᏟዞ Ꮬ ℬℛƏᏜʞ ᎳᎥʈዞ ᏕʈᏜℱℱ.. Ꭵ ᏕʈᎥᎱᎱ ᗬ⋆ɲ'ʈ ℊƏʈ ᎳዞᎽ ʈዞƏᎽ Ꮯ⋆mℬᎥɲƏᗬ ʉᏕ, mᏜᎽℬƏ ⋆ɲƏ ᗬᏜᎽ Ꭵ'ᎱᎱ ℊƏʈ ʈ⋆ ℘ℛ⋆℘ƏℛᎱᎽ mƏƏʈ Ꮥʉɲ.." it's centered self, walking towards one of the play structures. The voice seemed raspy yet coming.

Gregory didn't realize it at first, but he found himself subconsciously wading out of the lake.

ѕρℓαѕн

Gregory had forced himself to stop. Praying that he wasn't heard.

"ᎳዞᏜ- ᎳዞᏜʈ ᏜℛƏ Ꮍ⋆ʉ ᗬ⋆Ꭵɲℊ ዞƏℛƏ? Ꭵʈ'Ꮥ ℘ᏜᏕʈ Ꮍ⋆ʉℛ ℬƏᗬʈᎥmƏ, & Ꭵʈ'Ꮥ ᏜℱʈƏℛ ዞ⋆ʉℛᏕ.." the entity said, staring at the boy. He felt nervous as the thing came closer.

Suddenly, yet calmly, the creature lifted Gregory from the water and placed him just outside of it. From this angle, Gregory could see that the creature had multiple eyes.

"ᎱᎥʈʈᎱƏ ᏕʈᏜℛ, ᏟᏜɲ Ꮍ⋆ʉ ℘ᎱƏᏜᏕƏ ʈƏᎱᎱ mƏ ᎳዞᏜʈ Ꮍ⋆ʉ'ℛƏ ᗬ⋆Ꭵɲℊ ʉ℘ ʈዞᎥᏕ ᎱᏜʈƏ?" The creature said, a calm yet concerned look traced all its eyes. It seems like this one meant no harm.

Without thinking much, Gregory hugged the creature's leg, he felt safe.

Finally...

The creature looked confused for a moment before crouching down and giving the kid a proper hug. The hug felt cold, yet warm at the same time. Gregory felt safe in this area of the world he was in.

I don't have to run

The young boy looked at the creature, gave it a smile, exposing a small tooth gap he had. The mist like creature seemed to tilt its head slightly, though it was hard to tell.

I'm... I'm safe.

"Ꮥ⋆... Ꮯ⋆ʉᎱᗬ Ꮍ⋆ʉ ʈƏᎱᎱ mƏ Ꮍ⋆ʉℛ ɲᏜmƏ?" The creature asked.

"Gregory... I'm Gregory ."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 798