chapter seven

The drive back to Jeongin's house was completely silent.

Chan pulled into the driveway and glanced back at the dark haired boy.

"Stay safe, okay?" Seungmin smiled.

"I'll try." Jeongin nodded and unbuckled his seatbelt, "Thank you for the ride,"

"Of course, honey. See you on Monday. Love you." Seungmin bit his lip.

"I love you too." Jeongin nodded and sighed. He got out of the car, walking inside.

Once he got inside and took his shoes off, he went straight to his room. Somehow he managed to avoid his mom and brother's attention.

He took off his jeans and pulled on a pair of pajama pants, swapping the shirt he was wearing for Hyunjin's hoodie. It still smelled like him so he just laid there, letting it calm him down.

He didn't know why it was so calming. Like, Hyunjin was the biggest stressor in his life, and yet his smell, his kiss, his touch. It all somehow got him to relax and feel safe. As if his world wouldn't crumble at one wrong move from either of them.  

His phone started to buzz but he ignored it, not wanting to talk to whoever was texting him.

He pulled his pillow over his face, frowning. After a moment, he put his phone on do not disturb, and rolled over to take a nap.

Jeongin woke up a few hours later to his mom knocking on the door.

"Honey, you back?"

He rubbed his eyes, sitting up, and yawning. "Yeah I was taking a nap,"

She opened the door, "I made dinner, if you want some."

Jeongin nodded, "Okay. I'll be down in a few,"

She smiled and shut the door, walking back downstairs.

Jeongin picked his phone up and was greeted by nearly a hundred texts from a new group chat. Seungmin, Chan, Jisung, and a number he didn't recognize. Probably Felix.

He ignored those messages and saw a text from Hyunjin. Nervously, he opened the chat.

-

Jinnie💕
im so sorry about that, honey. i didn't mean to yell.

Jinnie💕
prince?

Jinnie💕
baby?

Jinnie💕
don't ghost me.

Jinnie💕
jeongin i said sorry don't ghost me

Jinnie💕
you're probably busy then. lmk if tonight is still happening.

-

Jeongin groaned, shoving his face in his pillow. He slowly picked his phone up

-

sorry. i was napping.

Jinnie💕
shit you scared me. do you feel better after your nap?

i guess.

Jinnie💕
you guess?

i guess.

Jinnie💕
okay- well is tonight still happening? and how long are we staying out?

yeah if you want it to. i'm probably gonna be out all night.

Jinnie💕
mkay i'll pack for that then. but i gotta be home early

i know you told me earlier