BEGINNING OF CATACLYSM

Gotham City is an old city, with buildings resembling forts and castles in their stone and ironwork, creating a Gothic sensibility with its age displayed in battle scars cut into every inch of the city. Dirty streets, dark alleys, shadows and fog, and a people under constant siege by fear and hatred and everything it's suffered and lost. Gotham is undoubtedly one of the most dangerous cities. It's full of crime, evil villains, and hopelessness.

But this city also has a group of heroes led by an angry man suffering from lifelong PTSD who sneaks around at night dressed kind of like Dracula while jumping out of the shadows to bludgeon muggers and gangsters into a bloody pulp. He protects the city from mass-murdering clowns and people missing half their face. He goes by the name Batman and he doesn't kill his enemies.

"What a joke," Angerona scoffed as she stood at the top of one of the buildings in Gotham. She looks up at the Bat symbol on the sky her eyes shining with malicious intent. She focuses back on the streets below just as a truck comes speeding around a corner followed by the GCPD.

She looks up at the rooftop of the adjacent building to see Batman jump on top of the truck followed by Robin.

"What was that?" one of the guys inside the truck asked.

"It's the Bat!" The guy driving exclaimed. He started swerving left and right to try and shake them off to no avail.

Batman threw a batrang at the front tire. The driver losses control of the truck crashing it.

The two got out of the truck with their guns drawn but Batman and Robin made quick work of them. Barman opened the back of the truck to find it full of crates. Opening a few of them revealed that they are full of weapons.

"There are enough weapons here for a whole army," Robin says.

Batman narrowed his eyes before walking back to the tied-up men, "What is the black mask planning? You better start talking or a few bruises and a broken arm would be the least of your worries,"

One of them laughed, "You think we work for the black mask? Sionis is nothing compared to our boss,"

"How so?" Robin asks.

"Who do you think left all those blood eagles last year or drove penguin into hiding for months when he tried taking the east end of Gotham," Mark said making Batman narrow his eyes even more.

"Shut up, Mark," the other guy spoke out eyes looking around terrified.

"Why should I? We're dead anyways," Mark says.

"I want a name," Batman growls.

"We don't know her name but she goes by Hël-" Before he can say anything more two bullets go through his and Mark's head.
_____________

"You guys talk too much," Angerona says to herself.

"Don't act like you didn't plan all this," Death says appearing next to her.

Angerona smiled, "Acting is the fun part, besides I think it's time the Bat knew I was back," She opens a portal and walks in, "And those two stole from me which is something I don't tolerate," Death follows shaking her head.

When the portal completely closes Batman and his sidekick land on the same rooftop ready for a fight but find nothing.

Batman activates heat vision on his cowl to see if the culprit was invisible but finds nothing. He searched around and found nothing except two bullet casings with scythes engraved on the sides it did not look like any handy work he knew of 'So this person makes their own casings. Let's see if the computer can get anything back at the cave,'