2011, One Year Later

"Happy birthday Kouta!" everyone closest to Kouta exclaimed in celebration, including Naoki, his parents, Charlotte, and Kai. Amongst the handful of new clothing and toys, Naoki handed in a carefully wrapped present which seemed to resemble a thin book. Kouta was most curious about this gift.

"No way, could this be...?" he perked up even more. Slowly tearing the wrapping away, it revealed the sequel to their most beloved franchise, LittleBigPlanet 2. Charlotte and Kai were equally excited.

"I didn't even know the gaming stores here had it already, you're so lucky!" Charlotte said.

"Looks like we're gonna have to get a copy of our own, so we can join you online bro" Kai added.

"Hey guys, why don't we all just play it together right here in the meantime? I want to make as many memories as possible with all of you. Thank you so much, Naoki!" Kouta smiled at his older brother and hugged him tightly. Naoki was relieved to know he loved his present this much, just as much as the time he introduced him to the first instalment a few years ago.

The usual four was ready dive right into the introduction of the sequel, and thanks to the importing of game data from the first game, the narrator welcomed them all back since they were already familiar to the franchise. Not only that, but their Sackboy costumes and Popit items were exactly as they left them, unchanged and unaltered. Kouta now had a white knit, jeans with a belt, sneakers and a baseball cap. Charlotte had long blonde hair much to her real-life appearance, as well as a schoolgirl dress. Kai's Sackboy had the dark ninja skin and scarf, with neon eyes. Naoki had settled on using the Yellow Head costume, which was earned by acing the boss level in the first game.

With Kouta at the lead, the four of them ventured on to meet Larry Da Vinci, Avalon Centrifuge and many other creators of Craftworld, the name given to the world they've been having their adventures on this entire time. With the introduction of Sackbots and cutscenes, these new characters were livelier and much more expressive as they traversed each level, with the gibberish still playing a large factor.

"I don't think they had the resources to include actual in-level voiced dialogue yet, or maybe it's still for comedic effect" Naoki guessed. Either way they all found it quite hilarious. Once again, they've gone down the basics of jumping, grabbing and other movement. Another addition was the vast variety of tools and gadgets they could use, from Bounce Pads, to the Grabinator, to the Grappling Hook, they had many more types of new obstacles yet to discover. For a moment, Kouta looked at the scene before his eyes. His brother and best friends making some of the best memories he's ever had. He smiled.

"I wish we could always be together like this."

"The Orb of Dreamers" by Daniel Pemberton begins to play. Scene pans from the back of the four players, Kouta, Naoki, Charlotte, and Kai and gradually zooms out revealing a balloon-decorated living room in commemoration of Kouta's eleventh birthday. Camera eventually pans out the full view of the Nakashima residence, with a big tree on their front lawn that almost resembles the tree used in the iconic LittleBigPlanet logos.

Screen immediately pans to black.