Chapter 1

Nami was sitting on her sofa placed directly under her big window, watching the cars come and go on the road. The road was quite narrow so there was constant traffic which made it more interesting for here. She was sure that this was not the case for the drivers. It was sad though because behing her was the ocean and she had no view of it.

She felt the summer hotness in her bones and her yellow flowy summer dress was not light enough for her to cool down. Searching on her coffee table she found the controller to the AC and she pressed the cooling button.

The sun had started setting when she noticed a figure on the opposite balcony. She remembered that the house had no owners yet and it was available for rent. The figure was that of a boy in his twenties. He closed the balcony door and walked to the railing grabbing it and staring into the sea.

She was mesmerized by his smile. His black hair was messed by the air and his cheeks were sunburned. She could see everything since the neighbouring house was so close to hers. She felt embarrassed thinking that she could possibly get caught and hid her head behind the corner sofa. However, in every opportunity she peaked through the pillows curious of what his next move was.

Without realizing half an hour had passed and she had to go to her part time job. Being a collage student was not easy. She was working as a bartender at a famous bar restaurant called "The Baratie". She panicked and started getting ready for work.

...

By the time nightshift was over she grabbed her bag and headed to the door ready to leave, untill her co-worker Sanji stopped her.

"Are you leaving Nami-san? Do you want a ride?" Sanji opened the door for her.

"No, thank you Sanji. I'll take a taxi." She knew he was trying to hit on her on every possible occasion and she was doing her best to avoid it but the past week it was getting out of hand and it was making her uncomfortable.

"It's really late, you sure don't need a bodyguard?" Sanji said while leaning on the side of his car lighting up his cigarette.

"Yes. Thank you. My taxi is already here actually. Goodnight, Sanji" she slammed the taxi door and sighed in relief.

...

Upon arriving at her apartment she kicked her heals and popped on the sofa hopping that she could spy on the mysterious figure again. Her prayers were not answered since the lights were off and nobody was seen on the balcony.

Disappointed, she brought her pillow to her sofa and slept on her back dreaming of tomorrow...

Her smile was slowly making it's was on her lips. That mysterious man had stolen her mind.