Chapter 8

Nami felt a sharp pain on her neck. She slowly woke up from her night's sleep and realized she was sitting on the bathroom floor, resting her head on the toilet's seat. The room smell vomit and alcohol. She steadily got up from the floor whipping a drool from the side of her mouth. She could not remember anything from last night. That's when the headache hit her. She could barely open her eyes while looking at the mirror. Puffed eyes, swollen lips and smudged make up.

She started remembering herself dancing with Luffy at the club and she smiled but trying to think was making her exhausted. She reached her cabinet for some Aspirin and gulped it down. She filled the bath with bubbled water, undressed and soaked herself in.

She remembered going home and Luffy insisting on helping her. She smiled thinking he was too sweet. A light blush was formed on her cheeks. Her headache had started to calm down. She got up, wrapped herself with a towel and tip toed to the room making sure the curtains were closed and getting herself dressed up.

That's when another memory hit her. That of a hot kiss and a realization. Herself crying in the bathroom, luffy's heartbreaking voice asking her if she was alright and wishing her a goodnight. The door closing behind him. Her hysterical crying combined with the alcohol making her throw up and finally herself getting to sleep hugging the toilet bowl.

She was embarrassed. She was ashamed. She felt awful. She grabbed her phone searching for new messages, none. How could she do that to the both of them. Why did she kissed him? It was not the right place or time. Why did he reject her? Did he not like it? Why hasn't he sent a text?

That was right! The window. She opened the curtains searching for him. He was nowhere. She called Robin as her last resort at that point.

"Hello?"

"Hey... Robin" that's when Nami remember the phone call from last night...

"Can you come here?"

"Sure, is everything alright?"

"Yea- actually no... Please come here. I need to talk to you"

"I'll be there in 15"

Robin knocked on the door and Nami rushed to open. Robin greeted her with a bag of chocolate, chips and cookies. She was a true Godess. Without even greeting each other they got comfortable on the couch, untill Robin's gaze made Nami spill the beans.

Nami explained everything, the dance, the kiss the drama leaving no details outside the story.

"So, you made out." Robin said smiling wholeheartedly.

"No- I mean yes but that's not the point. He may not have wanted this. He pulled himself back. I hurt him. I don't know what to do. How can I see him in the eyes again?"

"Why did you call me here?"

"To tell you what happened. I was hoping you could help me with a solution." Nami simply said devouring a chocolate bar with dark chocolate and orange.

"And why did you not go there" Robin said pointing at Luffy's apartment "to have a real conversation with him about your matter?"

"I'm nervous. What if he did not like it, if he did not want it?"

"Oh don't be! He was kissing you back right?"

"Yeah..."

"That's enough reason. To know he liked it."

"You're right. I'm gonna go... But before that... What were you doing last night Robin?"

"..."

"..."

"We had a reunion party."

"Did you have fun?" Nami said smirking slyly

"Just as much as you" Robin answered winking.

"It's that guy Zoro right?"

"Yup"

"Why does my instinct say you had more fun than me"

"Maybe I did and maybe I am in a relationship. But! Your problem is much more important right now. So go ahead and we are going to break down my situation later. Now Go Go!" It was the first time Nami had seen Robin show so much emotion. She really was wishing the best for her friend.

Nami grabbed her keys and almost run to her nighbouring home. She reached Luffy's door and knocked on it really hard.

A man with black mid length hair, freckles and wearing some black shorts only, opened the door.

"You must be the dancing queen."

Nami was embarrassed thinking she got the wrong house.

"Luffy is in his room, wanna come inside?"

She was now confused. Who was he?

"It's okay I'll come by later" nami turned on her heel and headed for the stairs.

"It may be late..." The man said with a solid voice. Nami turned on her heel again and headed inside. That's right she come with a mission and she was not one to give up that easily.

"Yup, I like that attitude. The name is Ace. I'm Luffy's brother, nice to meet you"

"My name is Nami, nice to meet you too and thanks for having me here"

"No worries. Luffy's room is the door on the right. Good luck"

"Thanks!"

Nami gently knocked on his door.

"Ace! I told you I'm not coming out! I don't want to get up!"

Nami turned the knob and entered slowly. The room was dark. The curtains remained closed. Luffy got frustrated and threw the sheet he was covered in.

"I told you I DONT want to see you-... Nami??"

"I'm sorry for coming in."

"No, no it's fine... I'm sorry I'm in such a mess"

"Don't worry"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I wanted to say sorry for last night. I let the alcohol get to me. Everything happened in the heat of the moment. I feel terrible. You were so caring. You helped me when I needed it and there I was taking advantage of your kindness with my lust. I'm really sorry I made you do something that you didn't want or like. I'll make sure it never happens again."

"What are you talking about?"

"What?"

"Who said I didn't like it?"

Nami blushed like crazy! She knew it inside her from the reaction to the kiss but hearing him say it was making her heart explode.

"Since you tossed me away I thought you didn't want that"

"I was afraid I was taking advantage of YOU. You were drunk. I was too but I at least had more awareness of my surroundings. You were going to regret it and I was scared. I gathered all my courage to get away from you, I could barely hold myself back. I wanted you sober. I didn't want you to regret it."

Nami sat on his bed listening to his side of the story.

"I'm not..." She said as she leaned in for a kiss. Luffy was not expecting it but accepted it gracefully. It was soft, caring, appreciative. She liked it, he loved it. Nami hopped under his covers and they hugged. Luffy was smiling, nami was giggling. And that's how they planned on staying for the day.

Ace was standing in an apron outside the room where Nami forgot to close the door. He was smiling until he smelled skoke... "Shit the food!"