Chapter 6

-Good Morning!!! 😁
Nami shot from her bed reading the message Luffy had just sent her.

-Morning!
She answered with her hands shaking. Her heart was beating so loudly and fast she could hear it. 'Typing...' could be read on her screen which made her even more nervous.

-I believe I own you an official apology for bumping into you the other day. How about we go at the club my friend works. My treat of course.

-Yes! I mean, I'm free

-GREAT!!! I'll come by at 10 p.m. to fetch you. Be ready by then. See ya!

-Sure! See ya tonight!!

Nami's face was hurting. She was smiling widely and long enough for her face muscles to ache. She felt a rush of energy bursting inside her making her jump up and down like a five year old that their mum told them she'll give them candy.

Nami knew exactly what she was going to do. Grabbing her phone she called her friend Bon-chan. He was a stylist and a nail artist while also doing make up. Exactly the person she needed for her date. 'What date? He never said it was a date. It's a casual night out.'

Bon Clay managed to squeeze Nami together with Robin between some appointments he had arranged since it was urgent.

...

"Robin faster, I'll be late."

"Fufu, Nami, you are really hyped for the date. Plus, I have to be careful on the road." Robin laughed at her friends nervousness.

"It's not a DATE! Just getting to know each other."

"So if he officially asked you out you'll say no, since you only go out with him as friends"

"I mean... Yea- no... Yes... Robin stop making things complicated and quit teasing me!"

"Fufufu, you are cute Nami! Also, you are blushing" Robin was a very observant person. She instantly believed her friend was in love or at least that boy, Luffy, had her full interest.

...

"Nami-chan! Robin-chan! Long time no see! Take a sit" Bon-chan shouted excited.

"Bon-chan!!!!! Hello!"

"Where are you going tonight Nami chan. A date? Is he hot? My okama instincts are kicking right now"

"Wait wait Bon-chan! Not a date. A casual outing to a club with somebody"

"Somebody... that you're interested enough to have a glam makeover Nami-chan!"

"True... Just make me super sexy please"

"It's the first time I've seen Nami that determined" Robin laughed. She was so happy for her friend. She had the appointment after Nami since today was also her highschool reunion party. She was hyped herself but her poker face could hide everything.

...

Nami returned home. Her nails where done, a beautiful coral colour on them almost matching the colour of the waves of her hair which were even more defined. The orange curled now locks were freely falling onto her back flowing with each movement of hers. For make up her friend Bon Clay had given her a smoky eye with black eyeliner and of course... Mascara while her lips had only some lip gloss. Skin was flawless, nails beautiful, hair stunning, the only thing concerning her was her clothes but she had something in mind.

...

Luffy was nervously tapping his feet on the floor. Why did Ace pressure him to take Nami out to the club Brook is working. That old man is a DJ, making the crowd scream each time excitedly at the Thriller Bark's Club. Today they had a special event so there would be many people. That's why he agreed. Crowded places comfort him. He instantly knew that it was time to go out with Nami.

When Ace teased him about going out with her and texting her he knew he wanted to do it but was scared. She was making him scared and that was so out of his character.

He did it though. He texted. He asked. He wanted to call it a date but was afraid she'd say no. But, he was also hoping she'd say no. That way he wouldn't have to be nervous and just forget her. His head was hurting from all the thinking. He knew he was attracted.

...

Time had passed. It was 8 p.m. Luffy hopped into the shower after getting undressed. The cold water hit him and he inhaled sharply. It was colder than he anticipated but exactly what he needed. He was trembling but not from the cold, summer was not chilly enough to make him shiver.

...

Nami wore her laced, tight, red, cropped top and black leather shorts with a matching leather bow belt. She grabbed her black summer platforms and sat down to wrap the strap, until the door bell rang. She walked with the high heels' straps undone to the door and opened it.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late! Come in" she greeted excitedly Luffy who was standing stylish at her door frame.

"H-hey" he was shook. She looked too stunning, too beautiful, too perfect. He felt so little next to her and so lucky that he was her company for tonight. She was taller in those heels, she reached his hight.

He was frozen, unable to move forward. His mouth was agape slightly and Nami had taken notice of that, blushing madly at his reaction.

"W-will you step in?"

"Su-sure. Sorry... Um... Nami... You look......."

"Yeah?"

"You... You look good. I think you look like a tasty piece of meat."

"..."

"What?"

"That's disgusting! Is that supposed to be a complement???"

"Y-yes..."

"Shut up!.." 'Annoying! Annoying!!' nami was furious. Almost in tears. She had tried too hard to be called a literal piece of meat.

Luffy had noticed her change of mood and tried making up to her.

"I'm sorry. I'm just nervous. I love meat so I thought it was a compliment. You-You look beautiful." He blushed lightly, he nevered thought he could blush like that.

Nami's eyes widened, that was the weirdest compliment she had ever received. Somehow, that still made her extremely joyful.

She pretended to be mad and tried doing her heels' straps. Her hands were fidgeting with the clip since the trembling on her hands was still present. His gaze could be felt.

"Let me help you" Luffy offered to help.

"No! I got it!"

"You're struggling! Let me help." He grabbed her foot and did the strap. "Come on" he said offering his hand. Nami took it and after grabbing her small, black, night pouch and switching off the lights they left home to have fun.

...

"Is it far?" Nami impatiently asked.

"Nope, we're almost there" Nami was secretly impressed by his black sedan Audi. It was spacious, comfy and elegant.

"You said you have a friend there. Are they bartenders?"

"No, he's a musician. He's a DJ there."

"Cool"

Things got a bit awkward untill Luffy broke the silence.

"Why did you ask?"

"I'm a bartender myself. I'm working at baratie bar-restaurant for the past two months."

"I see!! You are the one Sanji told me that had a day off the other day."

"You know Sanji-kun?! Yes, I guess that was me"
Nami started laughing at the coincidence and thinking what Sanji would do if he knew they were going on a date. Luffy started laughing along with her making the atmosphere joyous.

They reached the club and got out of the car. It was going to be a long night.