To Prove Myself

"The people of the Luofu began doubting me once again! I am so tired of it. I really am. Just because I'm a kid. I am the general's retainer! Shouldn't that be enough!?" I take a bite of my baozi and vent to Tingyun. She happened to sit next to me and we started talking. She takes a sip of tea so elegantly. Just like she's a princess.

"Why don't we ask Lady Yukong?" Tingyun suggests. She continues to sip on her tea and waits for my response.

"What do you think she'd say?" I ask and Tingyun shrugs her shoulders.

"You can't be sure what she'll say until we ask her!" She is quite persuasive in her argument. Or maybe its just me still being a child. We finish our meal and make way to the sky-faring commission. Its the place you come to first upon the Luofu. It's hustling and bustling despite the incident with the ambrosial armor. I stay by Tingyun's side until we reach the Palace.

"Madame! I need your help!" Tingyun rushes me over to helm master Yukong.

"You don't need my help but it's a plea for the boy, right?" She reads right through us. She kneels to get on my level. Lan, allow me to be respectful here. I don't like getting babied like this. I really don't.

"At least stand in front of your guest," Tingyun notices my irritation.

"No, no it's fine," I try to shake off my own thoughts.

"Liar," Tingyun lifts Madame Yukong up.

"Okay, okay, tell me. What's wrong with the boy?" She looks to Tingyun instead of me. This is the exact problem. I clench my fists in order to calm myself down. Tingyun gives Madame Yukong a run down of what I told her. Madame Yukong finally turns to me and acknowledges my existence.

"You should duel your master and win. That's what I believe will truly help you achieve respect once more," She said. I nod it might be a good idea but it's going to take a lot of convincing in order for this to happen. I'm not even sure if Master is even ready for another trial. Especially not over a silly reason.

"Mm? You don't think the General will accept your challenge?" Tingyun walks over to me hand placed on her cheek.

"Over something silly as this...?" I question her. There is not a chance in hell he's going to accept, right...? I pick up my phone and it's a text from Master.

Jing Yuan: Hey, Yukong just called me about a potential duel between me and you.

Yanqing: Yes...,

Jing Yuan: Do you mind coming to the Seat of Divine Foresight?

"Oh no," I said under my breath. I quietly leave the Palace and make my way home. Tingyun follows not long behind. We reach the dock and I head in alone.

"If he needs any convincing, give me a call!" She shouts as my Starskiff takes off. As I feel the wind blowing through my hair, I hear a very loud mechanical noise. Ah, it's Clara and the robot. Last time I saw him, he was taken aback by something Sushang had said. Are they here to make peace? They were innocent in that fiasco. Clara waves and I wave in return.

"So we meet again," Clara says softly. I wonder if that's her natural speaking volume.

"Do you have any business with the General?" I ask curiously. I couldn't help it.

"I was sent to act as a representative of Belobog for forging an alliance," She looks down and seems really nervous.

"Why would they send a kid to be a diplomat?" I ask Clara as this really isn't her fight. I wouldn't have picked the robot either.

"I calculated the odds of outcomes for this assignment. Bronya would have been a 100% chance to form an alliance. With Clara, it goes down to .05%," Ah, so the bot is agreeing with me.