THE BUBBLER

It was the first day of school on a nice Monday morning, which also ment one other thing.

"Happy birthday, Izzy!". Kammah came flying towards her owner who was at her dressing table brushing her hair.

Izzy smiled at her. "Thanks kammah".

"So any big plans for today?".

"Yes. It's my first day of real school in Paris and I have to give Adrian his gift". She said, placing her hair brush down and walked over to her closet, kammah following close behind. Izzy opened her closest and bright out a small present.

Kammah floated to the gift and sniffed it. "I don't smell any brownies. What is it?".

"Wouldn't you like to know". Izzy said playfully as she walked towards her bed to grab her beg. "And is brownies the only thing on your mind?".

Kammah crossed her arms, looking offended. "Well I'll have you know that it's good, okay? And I guess that means you don't want your present any more".

"You got me a present?". Izzy asked, raising a brow in surprise, as kammah responded by turning away from her. "Alright, kammah. I'm sorry for what I said".

The wolf kwami nodded her head. "Good. And of course I got you a present". She floated over to Izzy. "It's practically tradition to do so. Now hold out your hand and close your eyes, no peeking".

Izzy did as she was told before feeling something drop into her hands 10 seconds later. It felt hard and wet.

"Alright opened them!".

The blue eyed Blondie did as she was told and sees her kawmi smiling as she wiped what seemed to be white glowing drool off her mouth. Izzy then looked at her hand and was surprised to see a glob of resin.

"So, do you like it?".

"Uh, well it's . .   It sure is shiny and . .  . Wet". She took the resin from her palm and held it in her fingers. "What is it?".

"This is a kwagatama. Kwamis give these to their miraculous owners to signify a long lasting friendship between them and their kwamis. We only give these during special occasions, such as anniversaries and our owner's birthday".

"Well it's . . ." The silaver finally dripped away to reveal what seemed to be the white half of the yin and yang with a circular hole in the centre of its round side. The sight of the jewel left Izzy in awe. " . . . Beautiful".

"Really?". Kammah's let out a sigh in relife as her stormy blue eyes lit.

Izzy nodded her head and smiled, holding her gift in her fist to her chest. "Of course. I'll cherish it with all if my heart".

The wolf kwami smiled brightly to know that her master liked her gift. She then flew into Izzy's bag as the girl made it out of her room and went down stairs to the dinning room for breakfast.

"Hey there birthday boy". Izzy gritted her brother with a smile as he looked up from his breakfast at her and smiled.

"Morning, birthday girl". He smiled back as she placed her bag down on the table and took a seat next to him where her breakfast was already waiting.

Izzy looked down at it. "Tea and French toast. Odd combination, but then again it beats having a salad everytime". She shrugged, a smile on her face from hearing her brother laugh.

"Seriously, that's all you eat?".

Izzy shrugged again, then rested her elbows on the table and placed her head on her hands. "So, the cat has the hots for the bug".

Adrian almost chocked when she said that before swallowing his food. He smiled shyly and scratched the back of his head. "Yeah. Don't tell anyone?".

"Are you seriously implying that I can't be trusted to keep a secret?".