Chapter 10

Jessica sat beside Damon's bed, watching him as he slept.

He was so still, so quiet, that she could barely see his chest rise and fall. She reached out and touched his hand, feeling the coldness of his skin.

Damon had been injured in a fight with a group of rogue vampires, and he was still recovering.

Jessica had been taking care of him all day, tending to his wounds, feeding him, and keeping him company.

As she sat there, she thought about how much she loved him.

She knew that he was scared, that he was afraid of losing her.

He thought that she saw him as weak, as vulnerable. But she didn't.

She saw him as strong, as brave, as someone who had fought for those kids created a safe place for them.

She leaned in and kissed his forehead, feeling a sense of love. "I'm here for you," she whispered. "I'll always be here for you."

Damon stirred, his eyes fluttering open. He looked up at Jessica, his eyes red and puffy. "I'm sorry," he said. "I'm sorry that I'm weak."

Jessica shook her head, feeling a sense of sadness. "You're not weak," she said. "You're strong. You're brave. You fought for those gifted children you believed in them and made sure they were in a safe place."

Damon looked up at her, his eyes filled with tears. "I'm scared," he said. "I'm scared of losing you. I'm scared of being alone."

Jessica took his hand, feeling a sense of determination. "You're not alone," she said. "You have me. You have our family. You have our friends. We're all here for you."

Damon looked up at her, his eyes filled with hope. "Really?" he said. "You mean it?"

Jessica nodded, feeling a sense of love. "I mean it," she said. "I love you. And I'll always be here for you."

Damon leaned in and kissed her, his lips soft and gentle. "I love you too," he said. "And I'm sorry for being weak."

Jessica shook her head, feeling a sense of determination. "You're not weak," she said. "You're strong. You're brave. You fought for those kids, I am so proud of you."

Damon looked up at her, his eyes filled with gratitude. "Thank you," he said. "Thank you for everything you've done for me."

Jessica smiled, feeling a sense of love. "I'll always be here for you," she said. "No matter what happens, I'll never leave your side."

Damon smiled weakly, feeling a sense of comfort. "I know," he said. "And I'm grateful for that. You're the best thing that ever happened to me."

Jessica leaned in and kissed him again, feeling a sense of love. "I'm glad I met you," she said. "You're my soulmate, Damon. And I'll always love you."

Damon closed his eyes, feeling a sense of peace.

He knew that he was lucky to have Jessica in his life.

She was his rock, his support, his everything.

And he would do anything to protect her, to keep her safe.

As he drifted off to sleep, he knew that he had nothing to fear.

With Jessica by his side, he was invincible.

They were a team, a force to be reckoned with.

And he was grateful for every moment they spent together.

Damon's eyes flew open as he heard the message notification. He quickly grabbed his phone and read the message. "What do you mean?" he typed back, his heart pounding in his chest.

Jessica looked at him, concern etched on her face. "What's wrong?" she asked.

Damon showed her the message and she frowned. "That's strange," she said. "Maybe it was a mistake."

Damon shook his head. "I don't think so," he said. "This feels...weird."

Jessica put a hand on his arm. "Don't worry," she said. "We'll figure it out together."

Damon nodded, feeling a sense of relief. He knew that he could count on Jessica, no matter what. Together, they would face whatever came their way.

As he put his phone down, he realized that he was more in love with her than ever before.

She was his everything, his reason for living. And he knew that he would do anything to keep her safe.