Chapter 1: Leena

When I graduated from high school, I thought that my life would be set and all my worries would be non-existent because there'd be no room for mistakes to ruin my carefully colour-coordinated plan.

I was so damn wrong.

I didn't take into account the hellish beauty that is love and serendipity. Or the fact that it doesn't give a single shit about your plans.

To explain a little more about these plans of mine, it started in high school.

I didn't have a boyfriend...or friends at all really. So I focussed on my school work and getting straight A's, and I never had any issues. Sure, I was a little lonely in my crowded house and yes, it was a little disappointing to be the only girl who had a better friendship with a teacher than anyone of my age but high school was pretty easy.

This spawned the idea that if I kept my head down and didn't bother with friends until I was happy with where I was, life would be easy as it was in high school.

The profession I selected wasn't exactly one that was easy. A novelist. It requires a hell of a lot more coffee than you'd expect.

And on that fateful Sunday morning, that's when everything I knew, planned, scheduled went out the damn window.

I walked in Leo's (my all time favourite coffee shop since I moved into my new apartment...3 days ago.) to order my spiced cappuccino and that's when my skeptical ass met him for the first time in my life.