Chapter 2: Leo's

I walked in, laptop under arm, drafting pages under the other, and placed them down in my regular booth near the back. I then walked up to the counter and waited to be served. I pulled out my wallet and scrabbled the usual amount of money that my spiced cappuccino costs while I was waiting.

"Hi. How can I help you today?" Came the voice from the register in front of me. I looked up, not wanting to be rude.

His face looked familiar and the name on his badge seemed even more familiar but I didn't really put anything together until he realised who I was.

"Leena?" He smiled and leaned in slightly, like he was examining my face. "Leena Walker?"

"That's me." I smiled awkwardly. "You would know my name how?"

He straightened up, which made him even taller than me, and he reminded himself that I still had no clue who he was.

"I'm Grant Gustin. You met me once, I think. I was a grade above you in high school." he smiled kindly at me and then I remembered.

He helped me escape a whole confrontation with the meanest girls at school. I had seen him around a few times during my high school years. Usually he was with a few guys but more often than not, he was by himself, sitting under a tree, doing what looked to be like sketching. He was pretty cute but I was too hell-bent on being the best student to worry about boys.

"Oh Hi! It...took me a minute. I don't have the best memory of the high school days except for all the homework I did." I Rubbed the back of my neck which was getting progressively sweatier as the conversation wore on.

He smiled genuinely and it made me melt inside.

"It's not a problem. I'm kinda surprised that I could remember your name. I mean, I could never forget you face..." He paused and looked apologetic. "Not in a bad way. I just..I meant.. You're so pretty that...I can't forget a face so pre- gorge- beautiful?" The last one came out like a question and I laughed at how sweet his fumbling was.