Chapter 22

Veer's pov:

Sitting on the mattress, I saw Paridhi listing to Agastya, puzzled. She was different; she wasn't her ordinary self at that time; her aura was distinct. It was as if she wanted to find Malana, then and that time only. She was darting at Agastya as a small child. Her stares were served with glow, but for an instant, it felt like they had more than that sheen and devotion in them.

And subsequently, I was broken in from my abyss world of fantasy by Paridhi; "Veer, will you join me in the woods?" she questioned, having a lot of longings in her eyes.

"Yeah! Sure." I didn't have any boldness to say no, and why would I? And why will I let my Mridula go away like this alone in the forest??

"come on, you guys, we have to uncover that shepherd!" she yelled and galloped away into her room. As Agastya and I looked at each other, a small laugh left our maws.

"you love her, right?" said Agastya inclining back towards the wall and making my heart go crazy as he asked this question. I could sense an outburst of butterflies in my stomach; as I heard the word 'Love,' I had goosebumps all over my body, and a smile appeared on my face without even thinking twice.

"um. I ah you know. "I couldn't even utter at that point. And everything around me evolved silent and benign at that moment.

"you?" said Agastya.

"is that even a question, Agastya? I mean, if I could, I would have worshipped her until now. She's just everything I need in my life. That's all. I discern that I'm finished when she's around. She makes me wanna dance around the trails, feel the air around me, and breathe. And you know what? She has that liveliness that makes me wanna live till eternity; it's..."

Agastya veered around to her right, confronting the gate, and his eyes broadened as if he saw something. I also went around to glance in that direction and found Paridhi standing there, reddened and breathing laboriously. She heard my thoughts about her. She knows that I love her. WHAT IS THE ACTUAL F?

"Sorry, I. I just wanted my phone back," she let out and went out; I saw her smiling behind the tresses of her long and raven hair, bringing in her look more magical and enchanted.

"Did she just.. " spoke out Agastya, his stares vast and a feral smile on his face, showing how delighted he was, and how he responded made me go bloom once again, but my heart won't stop thumping at that supersonic speed, what if she just stops talking to me? And what if she tells me to go back? A weird feeling woke up in my chest, and I wasn't even able to swallow down the thought of leaving Paridhi back.

"Veer brother! It's fine. Don't stand like you've been rejected or something. She smiled while she ran out." said Agastya trying to explain his point; although he was right, he just couldn't understand the feeling of one-sided love.

"Ag, it's one-sided; I know she doesn't like me," I said, swaying my hands in dismay.

"hey, that's not true, okay? She served you tea in the morning. Who serves tea in the morning? Tell me. Bro, she's totally into you. I bet. " he said, Smacking me on my shoulder tightly and bumping himself against me, trying to make me tumble on the bed and giving those wwe stabs.

"Stop- maybe she likes me, maybe not." I clasped him from behind and tugged him to the bed instead, making him fall on the ground, and we battled like absolute fools there.

"I'll call Paridhi Zara from now," told Agastya trying to save himself from my punches, as I gave him a Superman punch in the back.

"Ouch," he screamed.

"what, why?" I said. I halted for a minute to give attention to him.

"Because imagine saying Veer-Zara, how fun I'd be," he said. That Made me giggle, but remembering how foolish it was, I started punching him again.