Facing The Consequences

"Care to explain what was going on there, Len?"

MEIKO looks at Len, her arms folded. Len looks completely stumped as he tries to think of some sort of excuse. He stutters and looks guilty,

"W-well, you see- I- we-"

He looks up at MEIKO, clearly caught, with no excuse. MEIKO walks back out of the classroom so she can speak with both Len and Fukase. Len follows and stands next to Fukase sadly.

"You two, you'll both be having after-school detention. I can believe you two would do such a thing, in school too!"

She looks at them both with an irritated glare, she turns to Len.

"Oh, and Len, you're grounded."

He looks up annoyed, and exhales annoyedly,

"What! Awweee you've gotta be kidding me!! Please don't ground me, please???"

MEIKO puts her hands on her hips and keeps her irritated expression,

"I dont want to hear you complaining, now go to class."

MEIKO points down the hall and they begin to walk down the hall with her, both staring at the floor. MEIKO takes them to their class, she knocks on the door and opens it,

"Hello, sorry to bother but I found Len and Fukase skipping class. I've already given them detention."

She puts her hand on their backs and nudges them into the classroom. The go sit in their seats and MEIKO leaves, closing the door behind her. Len sits in his seat, with a sad and embarrassed expression, he thinks.

"Oh god, I can't believe someone caught us! And my mother of all people, damn we're unlucky."

Len leans on his hand as he sits in his seat, he turns to look at Fukase, sitting across the classroom. He has the same embarrassed and sad expression, he has his arms folded on his desk and is leaning his chin on them. Fukase looks like he's about to fall asleep as he closes his eyes. Len can't help but think about how cute he looks, he feels himself blushing slightly and looks away.

The teacher continues to drone on about mathematics and algebra, every so often Len would look over to Fukase and see him sleeping peacefully. Soon the class comes to an end and the bell rings for the next lesson.