Chapter 5

He starts to grab my hair, pulling my down to the ground, making me release my knife in response, instinctively grabbing my hair from it being almost ripped from my scalp as he swings me to the ground. Air pushes out of my lungs as my back slams into the hard concrete floor.

He gets on top of me, grabbing my knife and pinning it against my throat to make sure I don't move, while my arms are pinned underneath his legs. He has me trapped.

"Try and make a move, and I'll slit your throat." He says, staring at me breathing heavily from our tussle.

I try to wiggle my arms out from under him, making him press harder against my skin, starting to draw blood. I wince from the steel blade.

"Tell me what you know," he says almost growling.

I don't say anything, just stare back as I try to think of my next move.

I gather up my courage and focus all my strength in my legs as I quickly push him up from the ground, letting one of my arms slide out from beneath him as I grab his arm with the knife, pulling it back. I use the rest of my strength to push him off my with my hips, shoving him onto the ground beside me, when he over powers me. With my hand still on his arm, he uses his overpowering strength to push the blade into the side of my stomach. I let out a yell as a hear a gun go off and my attacker fall to the ground, bleeding from his head.

I look up to see my teammate from back home looking down at me, running over as I hold my side.

I hear a loud knock at my door as I jolt up from my bed, "We leave in 15!" Price yells as he continues knocking on other doors.

Shit, I slept through my alarm. I fling my blanket off me when I throw my pajamas onto the floor, eyeing myself in the mirror, looking at the scar on my abdomen. I put my hand against it, feeling the thickness off it, remembering my dream, or should I say memory. I guess all the talk yesterday about my previous army life as Panther got to me.

I threw on some clothes as quickly as possible, remembering how little time I had to get ready. I chose my brown camo cargo pants and brown tee. Thinking about how we're going to be around old abandoned buildings, its best to blend in with the dry environment around it.

I grab my bag after I put on my boots, running to the front of the building, where everyone was waiting.

"Sleeping beauty's up," Soap says sarcastically.

I look over to him while I'm still pulling my hair back into a low bun, smiling at him, a little embarrassed that I almost slept through our first mission together.

I look around and see Ghost staring at me smirking. My mind is immediately flooded of the memory of last night as I look back at him, my smile curving only slightly, looking away. I didn't know what it was, he already had my heartbeat picking up and I can feel a little bit of blood running to my cheeks, thinking of him and I last night. After he dropped me off at my room he gave my hand a squeeze, saying goodnight. I look down at my hand and remember what his skin felt like on mine. How his skin felt on the back of me as he covered me as we walked down the hallway, making sure the back of me wouldn't be seen just incase anyone else came out of their room. Then I instantly remember Gaz.

I look over to him and he was eyeing me. I couldn't tell what look he was giving me. Was it disgust, embarrassment, or even lust? His look just confused me. There's no way he would be looking at me like that unless he knew what he walked into last night.

I take a deep breath and look over to Price who was just finishing putting the last of his gear in his vest pockets. I realized I didn't have one compared to everyone else, when Price interrupts my thoughts, almost like he was reading my mind, "Alright.." he says adjusting his throat, "Stinger, your vest and comms are in the van, already packed with the gear you'll be needing. Put it on on the way." Price says looking at me then to the rest of the group, "everyone ready?" And without really waiting for an answer, he turns around and we all start to follow.