Chapter 3

Snow stood there, her mind spinning with the weight of the revelations. The existence of multiple realms, the fact that Raiden was a god and now his involvement in her rescue—it was all a bit too much for her to absorb at once.

"So...you're telling me that you're a God?" she asked, still trying to wrap her head around the idea.

"Yes, I am. But please don't let that intimidate you. I am not here to harm you in any way." he reassured her with a gentle smile.

Taking a moment to gather her thoughts, she finally mustered the courage to ask the question that had been lingering in her mind.

"How... why did you come to my rescue?" her voice trembled slightly, her eyes searching his face for answers.

Raiden's eyes briefly flickered with a hint of hesitation before he composed himself and met her gaze. "I have allies within the Special Forces." he explained, his voice calm yet guarded. "They have been diligently tracking down criminal organizations and illegal activities across the realm. When they discovered the presence of such activities near your location, they alerted me immediately."

She listened intently, her curiosity piqued. However, there was a lingering feeling within her, a hunch that he wasn't revealing the full extent of the story. She decided to press further, her voice filled with a mix of curiosity and caution.

"Why did you choose to personally intervene in my rescue? I mean, you're a god, I'm sure you have more important things to attend to."

Raiden's gaze softened, as if he understood the underlying skepticism in her question.

"The Special Forces informed me that their target was a cryomancer, someone with powers akin to your own. As the Thunder God, I felt it was best for me to deal with the issue, and so I arrived."

Snow's attention shifted for a moment, her mind catching onto a word that had resonated in his explanation - cryomancer.

It stirred a memory within her, a fleeting recollection of her unconscious captors referring to her as such. It was a word she had never heard before, and now it echoed in her mind with a renewed curiosity.
Turning her gaze towards the motionless figures of her captors, she recalled their harsh voices, labeling her as a cryomancer. The puzzle pieces were slowly coming together, and her thirst for understanding grew. She turned back to him, her eyes filled with a mix of confusion and awe.

"Raiden, you mentioned the word cryomancer." she began, her voice laced with a mixture of anticipation and uncertainty. "My captors also referred to me as such. But what does that mean? What is a cryomancer?"

Raiden took a moment to meet her gaze, his eyes filled with a gentle understanding.
"Snow, you are indeed a cryomancer. It is a term used to describe individuals with a unique heritage and the ability to control, shape, and manipulate ice. You come from a lineage of cryomancers, a descendant of an otherworldly race of the same name."