Chapter Two

As the days pass, the two did not really talk, let alone go on the dates they should have been going on. Their parents kept trying to get them to go out, but they failed. Dakota still did not budge, she was as stubborn as ever. But Damien. Damien would have been okay with going out, just not being the first to always start the conversation. He did try to talk to Dakota, but she certainly had been distancing herself from the entire situation, and it made him question if it was because of him.

One night, Dakota had decided thay she wanted to go out for drinks and try to relax a bit since she had been cramming for her finals which were in a few months. It is her last year before she graduates, and it was very stress full. Something that she did not know was that the bar that she had been planning on going to was the same one that Damien would soon be showing up at. Though when he arrived, she had already had a few drinks and was getting tipsy.
"Dakota?" Damien said as he sat beside her and ordered his drink. "What are you doing here?"

"It's you..." She frowned. "what, am I not allowed to drink after a day of studying?"

"Studying?"

"Duh, I'm in college" She seemed do be more willing to open up after having a couple of drinks.

"Alright...Why haven't you replied to me yet? It's beem 3 days"

"Because I don't wanna. Thought that was obvious"

Damien looked at her. "Why though? I don't think that I did anything to make you hate me"

"Why should I care? I don't trust you" She finished her drink and ordered another as Damien siped his drink. "Last time I trusted a guy, it turned out to be a horrible four and a half years"

"What do you mean?" He was using this time to get and know her a bit better.

"It's always the abusive guys who are nice on the outside...well I guess I learned how to cover bruises and make up cover stories" she said, showing that she was trying to think positively about it.

"You were abused?" He was shocked about what he was being told and made him feel bad her.

"Starting only 4 months after we started dating. It was your typical story about abusive relationships, only a high school version. I thought that it would help distract me from my best friends death...I guess that worked" She took a big sip of her drink.

"I'm sorry to hear that..Is that why you don't want to trust me?"

"No shit"

"I can show you that you can trust me, but you have to at least try to let me in"

Dakota had not meant to start telling Damien about her last relationship, no one knew and she had wanted to leave it that way. Damien was greatful through the sympathy that he had been feeling for her, so he had hope that they could at least be friends if anything.

The night continues and the drinks keep coming, and as the two drink, they talk, getting to know one another for the first time since they met. Though Dakota was drunk, Damien definitely started earning her trust. It was a little by little, and he certainly would not fully earn Dakota's trust in one go. Besides, he is unsure if Dakota will remember it in the morning. If she does not remember this, then everything that they have worked through tonight will be undone.

"Dakota, let's get you home. You're drunk" Damien stood up and paid for the drinks they had.

"I'm not going home"

"You are. I'm not letting you get any more drinks" Damien gathered their things and pulled her up. "Now, let's go"

"Don't tell me what to do, dickhead"