Chapter 2

When we get to the mini putt, I waited for everyone to grab their club before I grabbed mine. It was so awkward in the car, I wish I had stayed home. Then Conrad wouldn't have had a reason to scream at me. If I hadn't of gone to the pool that night, maybe he wouldn't hate me anymore. Once the group starts to walk away I go over to the stand and grab the golf club with the purple tip. Steven walks back to me with the purple golf ball, he knows me so well. He gives me a half hearted smile before Jeremiah grabs his sleeve to pull him to the first hole. I stay behind them, not wanting to be yelled at again today. I don't know that I would be able to handle anymore comments about whatever they think is wrong with me at this moment. The pregnancy hormones and the fact that I just stopped crying before I got out of the car, I know I would for sure burst into tears and that is not a pretty sight. After Susannah takes her turn, she looks over her shoulder as if she was looking for someone.

"Y/n where are you?" She looks through everyone to see me standing in the back, all by myself. " Oh there you are! Come up here with me, I want you with everyone." She pulls me towards her not noticing the glare my mother is sending her. I'm quite certain her and Belly are having a fit that I'm close to them, but I stay to make Susannah happy.  We continued playing till the end, Steven ended up winning. I was a close third but Belly pushed me off the corse, it hurt but i never said anything. I was just hoping the baby was okay. The father might hate me, but I will still love this baby with more love than my mother would ever give me.

We made our way back to the summer house, I never said a word in the car. I didn't want Conrad to yell at me again. When we got back I got out first but went straight to the backyard. I needed a moment and to check on my ankle it's killing me. I had it in the pool when I heard the sliding door open, I looked over to see Conrad emerge from the door frame.

"Hey, we're playing a borad game would you like to play?" He slowly almost cautiously walk towards me and extends his hand towards me. I take it with unconvinced he wants to be here asking me this. Once I stand up and brush myself off, we make our way inside. "Y/n's going to play the game with us."

"NO! She will not be playing with us!" "Laurel, she is your daughter I have sat around this month hearing you say these things to her that no one should say to anyone, if you have had enough being a shit mom then we are going to go play a borad game now. You need to stop being so mean." When Susannah is done there is no room to fight, I think my mom knew this because she didn't fight anything Susannah said.

"It's not moms fault that bitch wasnt supposed to be born, it is her fault she didnt abort her though." Belly intervenes. I could feel the thoughts and tears flowing and swirling, Conrad looks shocked at what is happening around him. I don't wait for anyone to say anything else, I just bolt up to my room and shut the door. I sensed the steps of someone following me, but I didn't care. I fall on my bed and let the tears start flowing. I feel the bed dip on both sides of me, I can tell Steven is on my left but I don't know who is on my right.

"Little one it's not your fault, she's a bitch they both are." Steven whispers trying not to make me upset, but the way he said it just made me giggle. I poke his arm a couple of times, he know that means I want to whisper something in his ear so he bends down closer to my face. "Who's-"

"It's me sweetheart, dont worry" Susannah whispers, rubbing my back  "It's okay, let it all out. They don't know what they are talking about. She needs to get her head checked." She giggles after finishing her sentence. Steven lifts his head a bit before mumbling something I didn't catch, so I lift my head up to see him and Susannah looking at me with a questioning look on their faces. "what?" "I said, you are more then welcome to come play a game with us if you still want to y/n/n" I nod my head, tuggin on his sweater. "Only if I can keep your sweater on." "Deal."