Care

"Err uhmm are the rumors about that guy in the party are true?" the message that popped on her notifications bar which is sent by him.

Him, her first love, first heartbreak, her bestfriend. But he doesn't feel the same way to her.

And maybe because of that rumor, he will never feel the same way.

She can't open the message, she can't reply. But, she knows that if she didn't reply he will think that the rumor is true.

The rumor is true. But, she want to stay it as a rumor to him.

Because she doesn't want him to hate her.
She doesn't want to ruin her chance on him.
She doesn't want to know the reality of her being.

"What rumors?" a dead malice question by her.

"That you and the guy from another class slept together after I leave the party."

Yes, they did.
She was drunk.
She've been telling him all night long and yet he thought that she was just being silly.

So he left as he pleased.
He left her. He left her with that guy because he thought they had a "thing".

"It's not true. It's impossible. YOU know that it's impossible." she texted back. Her text hopes to tell him that he should know her friend better than the rumor.

It's so stupid of her.

How can they be best of friends if she can't be true to him. But this is the only thing that she is keeping to herself and it's the only thing she doesn't want for his knowing.

"Okay." is only his answer.

Well they, at least for her, do a have thing going on for weeks. She's been using that guy as an antidote to forget him.

But, she didn't, it made her crave even more. She's looking a sign of jealousy. She's craving his care.

There's no sign after all.
There's definitely none at all after he left her with that guy.
After "okay" is all he answered.

"I don't think you believe in me."

"I wouldn't ask you this If I'm not going to believe you in the end." he answered and it was not even reassuring.

But she doesn't need reassurance because it was true.
But she want it, because she loves him.

She couldn't take it anymore. She cried. She cried heavily, she couldn't breath.

"Okay. Sorry, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay" he answered. "Hey, you know, maybe he told everyone that because he's just saving his male ego. You know? You know the truth so you shouldn't be sad about it. Be mature about it okay?"

-He added.

It gave a her a smile.

But she's aware that she can't fool anyone.

~

"So...how are the things between the two of you?" he asks then sips his coffee.

They're having a friendly date in a well known cafe at their university.
This is a tradition of him and her.
She's glad that after he heard the rumors it didn't change their relationship.

Maybe he cares after all...is what she thought.

"Oh, we're not talking with each other anymore."

She looked at him and he looked back.
He gave her a smile, a smile that she had never seen before.

And she just stared at him.
They stared at each other and for the first time in their relationship, by his stare, it felt like he's reaching to her.

She looked away.

She didn't like it and she is confused why she didn't liked it.

"Ah! I remember, i bought a new journal!" he opened up a topic.

~

"Hah! You lose!!!!! Truth or dareee??" teased by their friends.

"Truth." He answered with a grimace.

"Yes! I have a question already prepared for you" said by one friend with an evil grin.

Somehow, it made her nervous. She's sensing the question involves her.

"Do you ever see her..." and she was not wrong, "as your girlfriend in the future? does she get a chance with you"

She tried her best to compose the effect of the question on her. She tried to be casual like him as possible.

"She already knows the answer to it." and casually he answered it.

She already knows the answer to it.
He rejected her long ago.
This fact hurts her.

But it doesn't hurt the way it did when he rejected her before.
She's already immune to his rejection.

He rejected her verbally once but impliedly, several times.

"You didn't catch any feelings for her? You didn't feel anything, just a little bit?" their friend insisted.

"Why am I being tortured???" He asked with a laugh. They all laughed.

"Okay, that's enough. We already know his answer." she said and gave a wink to him, "let's stay at my room after this okay baby?" after an evil grin, she laughed and added "J-K." and laughed again.

She's so fake, she pity herself.

He rolled his eyes to her and puts up a "fuck you" on his hands.

She did the same way too.

"What about you?" their friend is asking her, "do you still have those feelings for him?"

"Wait, I didn't lose. I don--"

She's interrupted by him, "just answer the question"

She looked at him and he looked back.
She's confused.

But she answered the question ,still, "Nah. Maybe, before, I want to be his girlfriend. Haha. But now, I'm okay with just a friend to that little trash."

And he threw a pillow at her.

~

He's smiling so much, he can't stop.
He can open her account
He didn't do it on purpose but she just forgot to log it off on his device.

The plan is to leave a draft status on her account. And that draft status contains his confession to her.

But before he could do that, he saw something he wasn't supposed to.

~

"Hey, I already know the truth. I told you, im tired of bullshits. Don't talk to me ever again."

The End.