The Fooled Ones

"Ah shit!" she dropped her phone because of shock.

An old friend is calling her, ex-boyfriend of her best-friend and a friend of her ex-boyfriend.

Her heart beat raised to its max when a thought came to her mind that maybe it is her ex.

She picked up her ringing phone, "Hello?", and answered it.

"Hey! I'm in your neighborhood because my friend, in this hood also, threw a party a while ago. The problem is, I don't know how to get myself home and I couldn't ask my friend because he already passed out and I don't know anyone here. Can I stay there for a night? I'm just going to wait for the sun before I figure out how to go home."

All the things he just said didn't register in her mind and quickly, "Sure!", she answered.

"Really??!!"

She's asking the same to herself too.
Why is she being impulsive about it?

"Yeah, yeah. Just text me when you're already at the gate so you don't need to make any noise"

"Okay, okay. I'm on my---"

"You remember our house??"

"Yeaaahhh, your red gate is not that hard to forget especially the white roses design."

They both laughed, "Okay, okay. Take care.", she said.

Take care!?!, she thought and the she go for a toothbrush.

"I'm really thankful to you for welcoming me. I'm so happy that you're not mad at me anymore." He said with full of gratitude.

He's now sitting in the living room of her house while she's making a cup of coffee in the kitchen near the room.

"Hah! I'm not that kind of person. Past is past."

She handed the cup of coffee to him, "Ah, thanks. That's why I'm happy. You know, your voice when you said 'sure' was without hesitation. I'm not suppose to call you but I'm out of options. I don't have a car, I can't sleep in that house too, I mean, you can't sleep in a house full of drunk people and couples! Hahaha! I thought of walking to the bus station, but I don't know how and this neighborhood is scary in dark."

Although he's from a party, he's still full of energy that she can't even butt in when he talks. Maybe the coffee already kicked in, she thought.

"Well, I could tell you how, but yeah, the hood is dangerous in this hour"

But he's a man! He can manage, she thought.

"Not being gay but I'm just being vigilant, you know what I mean." He took a sip, "So, I hope it's really okay and I hope I didn't wake you up", he continued.

"Oh no! I was watching a series and I don't have plan to go to sleep yet. It's fine"

"What series?"

She take a sip before answering, "Orange is the New Black. I just started watching it so I'm at the second episode. Hmm! Let's watch the first episode again, you know, so we have something to watch since I'm not yet sleepy. IF, you're not yet sleepy."

"It's cool! Yea, let's watch it. I didn't drink that much tho."

"Hold my coffee, I'm just gonna set it up again" she went to her laptop, that is connected to their tv, to start the first episode of the series.

"We've been out of connection for so long."
"Yeah, it's been 3 years...and 3 years without her.", she teased him.

"Haha! C'mon, I'm already over with it."