you get hurt (requested)

The sound of the front door opening and closing brought the biggest and brightest smile to Ashton's face.

He was in the kitchen trying to think of what to do for dinner for the two of you but as soon as he heard you walk inside, he could only seem to focus on you.

He stepped out of the kitchen to find you trying to hurry up the stairs.

"Hey, baby," He said and you didn't have to turn to face him to know that he was smiling from ear to ear. "How was your day?"

"Fine." You quietly spoke.

His eyebrows furrowed over how quietly you spoke and how you wouldn't turn around to look at him.

"Is everything okay, Y/N?"

"Yeah, fine." You said.

But your boyfriend wasn't buying it.

He went up the few steps to where you were and gently turned you around to face him and his eyes went wide upon seeing that your lip was busted and your eyes were black.

You had a couple of bruises on your cheeks and you looked as though you were in quite a lot of discomfort and pain, understandably.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I encountered a few fans on my walk home." You said and heard him sigh as his eyes closed.

You watched as he shook his head while disappointment flooded over him.

"Come here." He said as he took your hand and led you into the kitchen.

He grabbed a washcloth and gently brushed it across your lip, removing the blood that lingered there.

"My poor baby." He spoke softly. "I don't understand why anyone would ever do this to you."

You had a feeling that you knew the reason why.

Your relationship was Ashton is anything but new.

You've been together for several months now, so long that your one-year anniversary is approaching.

However, your relationship just went public pretty recently and it seems that some people aren't so happy about it.

Not just because of the comments across your posts on social media that got quite intense and left you no choice but to completely turn them off but then this happened.

Your relationship going public so close to this happening couldn't be a coincidence.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he grabbed some ice from the freezer.

He wrapped it up in a towel before gently placing it against your cheek.

You let out a groan and it broke his heart.

"Not really." You said.

"I'll do something about this." He spoke, his voice soft but quiet.

He was trying not to seethe from anger.

"You don't have to."

"No, I do." He said as his eyes stared into yours. "You're my girl. It's my job to keep you safe and protect you, no matter what the cost. That's what I'm going to do."

You knew you couldn't talk him out of it, his mind was set.

But, for now, all you wanted was for him to hold you.

You pushed the ice away from your face before putting your arms around him, needing the warmest and coziest hug you could only ever get from him.

He kissed your head softly as he squeezed you a little tighter, making a little chuckle fall from your lips.

Despite everything, he could still make you smile.

And even if it hurt a little due to your busted lip, it was worth it.

He was worth it.

"I love you so much. I promise I won't ever let anyone touch a hair on your head from this point forward. I'm sorry I wasn't there to kick those people's asses, but from now on I will. No one is ever going to hurt you again, sweet girl, not ever."

"I know." You said and closed your eyes as his lips brushed against his forehead. "I love you too."

"Can I cuddle you? Let me take you upstairs and hold you."

You nodded, wanting nothing more than that.

He brought the ice and helped you up to bed.

And even though later on he'd for sure be jumping on social media to say something about the whole situation, his only focus is holding you and making you feel safe, no matter what.