Chapter 5

"....ard.... ing...." It felt as if he had rested for a long time. It might be because there was more paperwork than normal that he had felt more tired the past few days.

"...Wiz...ard... king..." Julius opened his eyes, feeling it sting a bit as his office was too bright at the moment. In front of his was Myrddin that sported their usual bored expression. It took a few seconds for Julius to process the current situation since he just came back from a rather confusing dream. Speaking of which, the dream had already been removed from his mind the moment he met with the sight of a new stack of papers in his desk.

"You are also dazzling today! Sir Myrddin!" the Wizard King exclaimed as he tried to ignore the current workload that was present.

"A few minutes of shut eye should suffice... do your work." Myrddin said as he was getting ready to leave. He had already accomplished what he was aiming for so he could leave Julius to suffer with his laziness.

"Wait! How could you just leave like this!" like a whining child, Julius Novachrono, current Wizard King, clung to Myrddin preventing him from leaving.

"What do you want?" A sigh, as Myrddin stared at the grown man that kept acting like a toddler. Due to how Julius acts, Myrddin sometimes forgets that this man was a Wizard King.

"I-.... I still have questions!" Then Julius nodded like he was convincing himself that that was the right reason.

Seeing as Myrddin sat down, Julius grabbed a paper and showed it to him.

"This! I can't figure out how you managed to convince the nobles, even His Majesty, the King with such a blatant lie!" Julius exclaimed, his face showing amazement and confusion at the same time.

Then like a child caught doing something wrong, Myrddin did his best to look anywhere but Julius' eyes.

It was just simple memory manipulation he managed to put together. With a few tweaks from a certain avenger's skills, Myrddin was able to turn such skill into magic.

But telling that to Julius would be a bit risky since in the first place, Myrddin doesn't really know the whole story of Black Clover and is still clueless on who he should trust.

Myrddin sighed then took a gamble. He tapped Julius' forehead, a small light glowed. The eyes of the Wizard King turned blank and the surroundings became grey for a split second.

A defeaning silence. It was only a fraction of a second but Myrddin made eye contact with red eyes that stared straight at him. He knew that familiar gaze and sent a glare at it. Seemingly trembling, the gaze faltered and disappeared the moment Myrddin's magic finished.

"Ah. What?" Julius blinked a few times, wondering why he was clinging onto Myrddin.

"Finish your work, Wizard King. Marx has been on my tail as he tells me I've been taking up your time by visiting too much." Myrddin said then slowly and gently pried off the arms that clung to his waist.

As if reaching a conclusion on what was currently happening, Julius strengthened his grip once more.

"NOOhhh!!! Come on, Myrddin! It's been so boring these days. It's been a week. A week of only papers!! Papers and papers!! It's endless!" Myrddin looked down at the incessant tantrum of the Wizard King.

"Surely the great benevolent nice Marquis wouldn't leave lil' ole me?!" Julius sent that as a killing blow. Myrddin was thankful for that additional complaint since he could confirm that the magic was successful, but no matter the situation, the Wizard King still pesters him to help him get out of work.

The convenient setting he had set for himself. A Marquis family that is loyal to the Kingdom and is of service since the time of the First Wizard King. He had placed a veil on how the family had been through the years as those that try to remember them would just tell the most redundant of lines as if they were reading from a history book.