Part 11: Recovery

SMG4's POV:

A few days have been since I was almost brutally murdered by my supposed best friend, and honestly, that's twice in like a month I've been on the verge of death.

Although, his mental condition has improved so much since Meggy told him what he feels like.

In my opinion, who's Meggy to say that? She doesn't know how he actually feels, only he does.

But, considering how well he's taken the advice, maybe it's all true. Maybe he was scared of losing everyone around him.

The only thing this means, is that he cares about us. He's always cared about us, he just doesn't express it well.

Nobody expresses things perfectly though. But, with him, nobody's sure why it's so difficult.

Normally, when people don't like to share things, it's over childhood trauma.

Although, SMG3 said he had a really normal childhood.

When we were talking on the train... I miss the train.

He was being so truthful about everything then, and I was too blind to see he wasn't his usual self. I was enjoying it too much.

I really enjoy the company of him often, like when we're hanging out or when Meggy tries to bring us closer together... wait...

If Mario wanted SMG3 to live with me... and got happy when he said that stuff about me...

Does that mean that Mario wanted us together all this time?

But why would he want that?

That's a question that only he would know.

I'm actually mad now. I've had to put up with him for weeks, and have him nearly murder me, just so we're together.

Whatever reason it is, it better be fucking worth it.

SMG3's POV:

It's a beautiful day outside, birds are singing, flowers are blooming...

I'm laid here, in my bed, staring at the ceiling. The very real ceiling.

Meggy was right, maybe I was so worried about losing the people I love.

But who do I love? I don't want to love anyone here.

They probably all hate me anyway. They'd all judge me if I said anything to them, like "I appreciate you guys."

I don't want to appreciate them. Maybe if I don't appreciate them, things can be the way they were.

The way they were before I liked them, when they were all over me and making fun of me...

The way I used to be able to tease Mario, or just stand in the corner of any situation.

They used to say stuff like "oh come on, join in!" or "stop being moody!", and they'd all tease me and torment me.

If I stayed by myself, I'd be safe.

I'm not safe now, the way I've been the past few days.

Thinking nothing here is real.

Apparently, I do care about the people here and like it here, that's what SMG4 said. Apparently that's why I'm scared of everything being fake, that's what Meggy said.

But they don't actually like me, so why should I like it here?

How do I like it here?

All I want is things the way they used to, without Meggy thinking I have a crush on SMG4, without 4 being there for "extra support" and asking me if I'm okay.

It's not fair.

Maybe, if I somehow tell them I'm fine, or make up some sort of lie, they'll leave me alone.

But what could I say? "I'm mentally stable now, I need you guys to leave me alone and I should be fine."

I can't, they won't believe me because they hate me. It's not fair.

We'll just have to see if I can come up with something.