The Airport Guys

The chilly air filled the hotel room through the open window. Milky rummaged through her luggage and pulled out a sweater. She put it on and sighed. Hannah walked to the window and closed it before turning on the heater.

"Gosh. It's so cold." Milky rubbed her palms. Hannah sat on the edge of the bed and fidgeted her fingers through the comfy sheets. "I know right. We were so used to the hot climate back in our home." "Yeah. I wish Philippines was as cold as here because I can't stand the all-year summer back there." "Yeah. I totally agree with you Kee." Hannah sighed. She fished out her phone from her pocket and looked for Brad's saved number. She wanted to call him but hesitates because she didn't know what to say. She lied on her bed with her phone on her chest. "Should I call him?" She whispered. Milky on the other bed turned and asked her, "What did you say?" Hannah jumped a little when she heard her say. "Um, nothing. Hey, could you please go buy me a can of soda? There's a vending machine outside the hotel." Milky rolled her eyes, "Lazy ass. Okay. Besides, I want to get some sweets too. Gotta fly." And she then ran out through the door. "Don't come back too early." Hannah whispered to herself and giggled.

She heard the other line rang. Her heart was racing fast. The ringing stopped when someone picked it up. There's no turning back now. "He-ello?" She stuttered. "Hello. Who is this please?" The familiar voice spoke. "Is this Brad?" She managed to ask. "Yes. This is. May I know whom I am speaking to?" "Uh, this is Hannah. You remember?" "Ahh, the airport girl. Of course. I'd never forget such a lovely face". Her heart beated faster. He can still remember her. "Yes. I was the airport girl. I am sorry, I really don't have any idea why I am calling you in the middle of the night." "No, it's all right. I am not yet asleep and I am not doing anything important at the moment if that's what you worry about." "Oh." "So, have you found your friends already?" "No, not yet. We sent them a message through facebook but they haven't replied yet. I am so worried about them." "I can help you if you want. Besides, I live here so I can help you with the streets." "I'd be very grateful for that. Thank you so much. When are you free by the way?" "You're asking me out?" He joked. "Oh. No. No. I didn't mean it that way." She panicked. "Haha. I know. I was just kidding, all right? Anyways, just tell me where you are staying right now and I'll come pick you up tomorrow at 7 in the morning." Hannah let out a sigh of relief. "Okay. Thank you so so much." She told him what hotel they are staying and as she was about to hang up, Milky came in. "Who are you calling?" She asked, setting the soda cans on the small table. "Uh, room service. Yeah. Room service." Milky raised her brows and popped the can open.

Milky was sleeping soundly on the other bed while Hannah's still lost in her thoughts. She coudn't help not to replay Brad's voice in her head. His voice was like of an angel. The way he called her name made her shiver everytime. She kept on thinking of him until she fell asleep.

*Coz I got your picture, I'm coming with you. Dear Maria count me in.*
My alarm went on. I set it on 6AM so that I have plenty of time to prepare myself. Milky rubbed her eyes and yawned. "God, Hannah. Why are you up so early?" Hannah grabbed her towel and went into the beathroom. "We'll go look for Lau and Jamie." She yelled. "I'm still sleepy." Milky grunted. "Oh shit. I forgot to check my facebook." She added. Milky reached for her phone on the bedside table and opened her messenger app. Her eyes widened when she saw Jamie's message. "Oh God. Thank you. Jamie is safe." She told Hannah about it when she went out of the bathroom. Hannah smiled and hugged her friend when she heard the good news. Milky then grabbed her towel and headed to the shower. Jamie is safe. Now, Laura's the only one who's missing.

Hannah kept on looking at her watch. 6:50am. She's stomping her foot while Milky's still tying her shoelaces.

"Oh for the love of BlueSky, will you please hurry up, Milky?" Hannah said impatiently. "Why are you such in a hurry? Jamie's meeting us at 9am. No need to rush." "I know but someone's waiting for us. He's here to help."

She dragged Milky out of the room after she finished with her Chucks. She locked the door behind them and raced downstairs.

"He? Who? Oh my God. You called the airport guy?" Milky gasped. "First, his name's Brad. And second, yes. I called him." "I knew it. Room service, huh." "Oh, just walk faster, kee." Hannah shushed her friend. When they went out of the hotel, Brad was already waiting outside of his car. Hannah inhaled deeply before walking to him. "Good morning, lovelies." He greeted them. Milky nodded, "Good morning." And Hannah gave him a warm smile. Just then, the car door swung open and the Connor guy went out. "Oh, please." Milky rolled her eyes and sighed. Connor smirked, "Happy to see me, Milk?". "Yuck. Don't call me that. I prefer to be called 'Kee'." She corrected. "Never gonna happen, dear Milk." He teased. "Gosh. I swear I'll kill your friend if he ever humilate me again." Milky told Brad, grunting her teeth. Brad laughed at her and told everyone to get in the car. Being a gentleman, Brad opened the backseat door for Hannah and Milky. Connor took the frontseat and asked the girls to make sure they are seated comfortably. Before Brad could drive, Hannah called him out.

"Brad? My friend, Jamie, sent us a message. She said she'll meet us at the park at 9am. I'm sorry, I haven't told you last night. We just saw her message half an hour ago." "Is that so? It's alright. I'm starving anyway. We can go grab breakfast while we wait." "Sounds good. Food." Connor licked his lips. "Okay. I'm up for that because I'm starving too." Hannah giggled. Brad started the engine and winked at Hannah. "Alrighty. Nando's here we come."