• It ends with us.

Kartik's POV

I have everything with me. Right now, at this moment, each and everything is perfect and is mine. I always believed in myself but you know, when you actually achieve it, it hits you differently.
Seemingly the best line up, getting to work with the best directors, getting acknowledged by my critics, world wide  recognition, awards and fame. I own every fuckin thing. Here, in Australia, I am getting a part of all that I had ever dreamed of, all that I had ever wanted. Is there anything I don't have, with me?

No?

Yes!

Am I greedy?

For her, I'll always be.

The clock just struck twelve according to Indian time and here I am, lamenting that I am not present where I should be. Veer was right, there's nothing as wonderful, as fulfilling as love. You will have everything at your feet, yet you will be the most empty person, if you are not with the love of your life. And I feel him today.
It is her birthday and I want to wish her, I want to be with her. My Sara. I wanna be with her right there, holding her hands as she cut the cake, make her eat all her favourite dishes because birthdays are not for diet plans, gifting her all the things she would demand for. I would have planned and executed so many things for her only if the time was right. Only if things were good.

Three years back, it was her birthday and we had fought. Huh. Time literally flies but some memories don't leave you alone. That is one such memory but I don't want to talk about it. 

Now, it is time for some promises to be made. Today I want to tell Sara that I will let her win all the arguments, I won't ever fight with her because all I am left capable of, is loving her, cherishing her.

I LOVE HER!

"Kartik I am happy for you. I truly am." She has said when we met in Udaipur. I don't know what happened but all I remember is I was excited to see her, to dance with her, to laugh with her at her shayaris and the best part is we did it all. I mentally screamed when she asked me to hang out that night.

"Chalega? Bol na?" I felt her. I knew her. She was my Sara. The one who looked at me with hopeful eyes, who wasn't ready to hear a no from me.
I complied. How couldn't I? No matter if they call me shehzada, she is the only royalty I know.

"So now you will get busy with promotions?" She had asked as we decided to take a last stroll around the hotel. Our crew already departed to their rooms, it was only me and her. I felt like a teenager, all whipped and excited.

"Yup! Bahut kaam hai." I said, while trying to control my heavy breathing.

"I am so glad you are busy with what you love to do. Sote vote ho aajkal ya vahi poorana..?" I chuckled at her question and she smiled with her eyes.

"I do. I do."

"Mai nahi manti."

"I am trying to develop the habit Sara. Uske points to bante hain." I said.

"Isko har baat ke points chahiye na! This guy hasn't changed. Oh my God!" Sara talked to herself loudly and I just laughed.

"Badal thodi jaunga." I winked and did that iconic money money signature, which made her shrug and laugh. She couldn't control it I can bet.

"But you have matured. I can see that. I have observed."

"Shayad. Life ke na, Sara bhut parts hote hain, hisse. Kuch chize aapko sikhati hai, badalti hai, for good. But your core still remains unchanged."